ML Sound Lab IR info...

Giordydiver

Inspired
I have a question about ir's ML sound lab.
I have fortus pack and still now i use low and hi cut, as is usual...today I have tried presets made by them and I have seen that ther'arent hi and low cut, but they have amazig sound, so I decided to try with my preset and WFT??? They sound fantastic, richer, fuller and more realistic!
My question is why?? Other ir sound orrible without cuts but ML are fantastic!!

i know, but now i have 20hz low cut and 20khz hi cut, it sound fantastic. With standard cuts the sound over backing track was thin, now seems is booom! i have tried t with my headphone, maybe is different in PA

I have fortus pack and still now i use low and hi cut, as is usual...today I have tried presets made by them and I have seen that ther'arent hi and low cut, but they have amazig sound, so I decided to try with my preset and WFT??? They sound fantastic, richer, fuller and more realistic!

It's crazy how differently people hear things. I have the Fortus pack and find it completely unusable as it's so bright and harsh.

First of all, thank you so much. It's like people have said here. I spend a lot of time moving the microphones one millimeter here and there to get the position perfect. It's never a blind IR shoot either as I have a loud live room and I'm moving the robot mic from the quiet control room so I can place the mics with microscopic accuracy. That's probably my biggest secret sauce. When you've done everything well you don't need to use tricks or EQ to make the IR's work or sound better. You'll realize that EQ only makes it sound less authentic.

It's crazy how differently people hear things. I have the Fortus pack and find it completely unusable as it's so bright and harsh.
That's how the Marshall spec Celestion "Vintage" speaker sounds, it's not a V30 which is a common misconception. Also this is a pack based on a certain tone that is brighter than a modern guitar sound. I highly recommend comparing the IR's to the Appetite For Destruction guitar tone as it's almost uncanny how similar they sound. Here you'll notice how much of that sound is actually Duff's bass and what the guitars are actually doing:

First of all, thank you so much. It's like people have said here. I spend a lot of time moving the microphones one millimeter here and there to get the position perfect. It's never a blind IR shoot either as I have a loud live room and I'm moving the robot mic from the quiet control room so I can place the mics with microscopic accuracy. That's probably my biggest secret sauce. When you've done everything well you don't need to use tricks or EQ to make the IR's work or sound better. You'll realize that EQ only makes it sound less authentic.

That's how the Marshall spec Celestion "Vintage" speaker sounds, it's not a V30 which is a common misconception. Also this is a pack based on a certain tone that is brighter than a modern guitar sound. I highly recommend comparing the IR's to the Appetite For Destruction guitar tone as it's almost uncanny how similar they sound. Here you'll notice how much of that sound is actually Duff's bass and what the guitars are actually doing:

Wow very interesting to hear that guitar tone isolated like that. Man it's bright and dry! And thanks for clearing up that misconception that I also had about the speaker...I thought it was a V30. I really need to find some good V30 IR's as I find the stock ones in the AX8 library a bit lacking. Several good Greens but the V30's are kind of ehh...

Back
Top Bottom