ML Sound Lab High Gain comparison! 10 cabs (also unreleased) FW19 BOOM!

ok guys, you've waited long enough!
Here are the actual cabs:

1.Citrus 4x12.
2.Angl 4x12.
3.Marshall HW 4x12
4.USA 2x12
5.USA bulb 4x12
6.Euro 4x12
7.Brit TV
8.5153 4x12
9.Citrus 2x12
10.USA trad 4x12

Are any of you guys surprised?
I'd love to know what you think of your choices now that you know what the cabs are!

I was sure 1 or 2 is Citrus 4x12 (BTW ENGL is also known for its mids) and I had no idea what 7 is. I said it on another thread that the Citrus 2x12 IR sounds not even close how the real one does. I had several 2x12 Citrus (OB and CB as well) and I love them more than anything else I ever had.
In real life the ENGL mids are much stronger than Orange cabs but these IRs (1&2) seems being captured with different techniques to have the right amount of balance of the frequency spectrum.

Of course everything I said is only my humble opinion.

I was sure 1 or 2 is Citrus 4x12 (BTW ENGL is also known for its mids) and I had no idea what 7 is. I said it on another thread that the Citrus 2x12 IR sounds not even close how the real one does. I had several 2x12 Citrus (OB and CB as well) and I love them more than anything else I ever had.
In real life the ENGL mids are much stronger than Orange cabs but these IRs (1&2) seems being captured with different techniques to have the right amount of balance of the frequency spectrum.

Of course everything I said is only my humble opinion.

Well, as far as the Orange and ENGL cabs go, there were a lot of files to choose from.
I just picked the ones that sounded best to my ears in context of this mix.
So I picked files that weren't too different from eachother if that makes sense.

I already own cab pack 13 and new that cab 5 should be from that pack, but I am really getting interested in the Orange 4x12, it sounded great. Curious about that cab pack, any idea when it will come out?

Gesendet von meinem SHIELD Tablet mit Tapatalk

Wow seems like based on all these comments I'm going to place the Citrus 4x12 next in line right after the Cab Pack with smaller cabs. :)

Special thanks to Jon for posting this clip that further proves the usability of these Cab Packs. It just feels extremely obvious to me that with the current firmware and with the help of these IRs we're reaching the highest quality of amp modeling where the Axe-Fx is capable of getting you extremely good professional guitar tones with great mic ups without spending 3 hours in a studio trying to nail that mic position down. :) Amazing job Jon!

Back
Top Bottom