ML Sound Lab High Gain comparison! 10 cabs (also unreleased) FW19 BOOM!

Guitarjon

Fractal Fanatic
I just finished a comparison clip for ML Sound Lab IR's.
Listen to it here:

Here is what I did:
I made one preset with settings I like to use.
This preset uses the Recto 1 modern red amp model with basic settings.
In the cab block I used a little bit of motor drive, the modern pre-amp and a simple low cut at around 90 hz.
During the whole test these settings don't change, just the IR's change!
This will make some of the cabs sound maybe a tad dull or maybe too bright in comparison.
Of course simple corrections would have fixes this but I wanted to keep things simple and just use one sound.

I actually like them all!

There are 10 cabs in here, some are unreleased.
Most of them are 4x12 cabs but there are actually 2 2x12 cabs in there as well.
I'll post the results here soon but first I want some reactions from you guys.
Which ones do you like best and can you guess some of the cabs used here??

Enjoy!

Hard choice, they all sound great, guess I'd say 1, 6 and 10 stand out for me a bit more and seems we're all digging the 1st one, so as of now it wins! Actually we all win with the Axe and good IRs, great preset btw (and playing)!

Based on the assumption that the best is presented first or avoid my brain comparing every other clip to what I first heard I decided to experiment. I skipped 1 entirely, never even listening to it afterward to ensure no skewing of my perception.

Based on that I found I preferred 3 and 7 as the best.

The key is to listen to about 3 seconds or less of each one, and switch back and forth in no particular order. From there, is mostly subjective.

I couldn't pick my favorite, let alone try to prove which one is "the best". Some stick out more than others. Whether that's good or bad might depend on the vocals or other further instrumentation.

It's been great to read your reactions so far, very interesting!
I would like some more guesses or favorites before I post the results though... ;)
Keep 'em coming!

I kind of want to guess one of these samples is a future Orange cab release. One of them sounds a bit...citrusy.

I'm gonna further go ahead and guess that the 10th clip is from the Bulb pack, and also guess that the 5th clip is from cab pack 7.

Back
Top Bottom