IRs [ML Sound Lab] Halloween Cab Pack

Third-party impulse response pack

ML SOUND LAB

Cab Pack Wizard
Vendor
Quick link: https://ml-sound-lab.com

Song demo using the "BOGEYMAN" mix (Mesa + Friedman):

This Cab Pack comes is only available for two weeks and it's only 9,99€. It's got 10 one of a kind mixes that blend cross-brand cabinets based on Mesa, Friedman, Bogner, Orange and Zilla using signature ML Sound Lab IR mix methods. The mixes are:

BOGEYMAN = MEGA OVERSIZE + FREEMAN
CANDY = MEGA OVERSIZE + BOANER
GHOST = MEGA OVERSIZE + ORNG
GRAVE = FREEMAN + BOANER
MUMMY = FREEMAN + ZILA
PUMPKIN = FREEMAN + ORNG
TREAT = ORNG + BOANER
TRICK = ORNG + ZILA
WITCH = ZILA + MEGA OVERSIZE
ZOMBIE = ZILA + BOANER

Run-through with each mix:

I wanted to do something special this Halloween and I've many times played with the idea of creating "tones that do not exist yet". Many times people will get a pack because they want what it says on the box and it's usually a quest for a tone they or their favorite guitarist has had before. I wanted to challenge that concept and create tones that you've most likely never heard or used before - sort of your cross-breed mix-and-matched IR mixes. I paid close attention to capturing the strengths of each cab so for example the first mix BOGEYMAN = MEGA OVERSIZE + FREEMAN gets the rich mid range from the Greenback of the Friedman but at the same time it has more low end extension and a creamy top end just like a Mesa. All ten mixes are extremely full sounding and a neutral character to them.

Remember that it's out for just two weeks so get it now if you're interested: https://ml-sound-lab.com

Thank you Mark! Seems like a lot of people are agreeing that they'd rather leave the mic up to me and just play instead of spend hours trying to find a good sound. :) I still think I'll continue doing tweaker packs but I'll have to think about options like this.

Thank you Mark! Seems like a lot of people are agreeing that they'd rather leave the mic up to me and just play instead of spend hours trying to find a good sound. :) I still think I'll continue doing tweaker packs but I'll have to think about options like this.

I agree with Mark thats why i really like the Greatest hits
It has all these cabs and I can just really get a tone fast
It takes the guesswork work out of IRs and i can concentrate on the playing

So yes smaller mix packs is a definite area of interest for me something like
The Freidman with the 2 speakers was awesome
I don’t know how feasible it is from a revenue standpoint
But something like creambacks

M65 H75 with indiv mixes then a few
Of both

Or Marshall PR75 H55 in same pack while you might sell for less$$$
You would likely sell more in the long run at 15.99 -19.99

Just my opinion

I agree with Mark thats why i really like the Greatest hits
It has all these cabs and I can just really get a tone fast
It takes the guesswork work out of IRs and i can concentrate on the playing

So yes smaller mix packs is a definite area of interest for me something like
The Freidman with the 2 speakers was awesome
I don’t know how feasible it is from a revenue standpoint
But something like creambacks

M65 H75 with indiv mixes then a few
Of both

Or Marshall PR75 H55 in same pack while you might sell for less$$$
You would likely sell more in the long run at 15.99 -19.99

Just my opinion
Thanks - this is much appreciated!

Agree with the general trend here - ideal world for me is less time needing to pick between variants of the same cab and just have a "mix" ready IR for each cab or style. That way I'd spend less time flicking between IR's and more time playing! A pack with a single V30 IR (for heavier tones), single greenback (for that marshall rock tone), etc... to cover the majority of music styles incl. blues, "vox" style, etc.

Cheers

Agree with the general trend here - ideal world for me is less time needing to pick between variants of the same cab and just have a "mix" ready IR for each cab or style. That way I'd spend less time flicking between IR's and more time playing! A pack with a single V30 IR (for heavier tones), single greenback (for that marshall rock tone), etc... to cover the majority of music styles incl. blues, "vox" style, etc.

Cheers
Agreed. The ML Greatest Hits does exactly this and is a go to for me when auditioning IRs.

Purchased!
I really like the mixes idea, I rather have a few good professional mixes than thousand of single IRs.
I use Zila, Mega and ML-Bulb-Zilla mixes especially the tortilla-mix that's my first to go IR.

Done.

Thank you sir.

I had lunch with my Worship Leader from church yesterday. He is young, but overall, a good player, and has a good sense of tone. He uses a Helix.

I was describing the cab block in the Axe III, and just with that explanation, he said "do you ever get overload because of the options?" and when you factor in all the parameters that are accessible to the user, you can become paralyzed by all the options. I told him I have 9,000 IR's and he flipped out.

The more I thought about it, the more I realized, I have never, and will never be able to critically review and choose the "good ones" from the "not so good" ones.

I rely on professionals like you, to shoot a bunch of IR's and serve up the best of the best, so it's a bite sized list. So be it if you want to include every separate IR and Mic position, but I don't have time to pick through all of them anyways.

Thanks for making great cabs young man!

Rod in Akron, Ohio, USA

Last edited:
Done.

Thank you sir.

I had lunch with my Worship Leader from church yesterday. He is young, but overall, a good player, and has a good sense of tone. He uses a Helix.

I was describing the cab block in the Axe III, and just with that explanation, he said "do you ever get overload because of the options?" and when you factor in all the parameters that are accessible to the user, you can become parallelized by all the options. I told him I have 9,000 IR's and he flipped out.

The more I thought about it, the more I realized, I have never, and will never be able to critically review and choose the "good ones" from the "not so good" ones.

I rely on professionals like you, to shoot a bunch of IR's and serve up the best of the best, so it's a bite sized list. So be it if you want to include every separate IR and Mic position, but I don't have time to pick through all of them anyways.

Thanks for making great cabs young man!

Rod in Akron, Ohio, USA
This is my thought process as well. Obviously there will be people who want to tweak the mic position exactly to their taste - for this use case files in folders is an unusable method. That's why I made the MIKKO plugin/program so you can do that visually and scroll through hundreds of IR's in a matter of seconds.

Another problem with big IR collections is that your ear gets fatigued very quickly listening to minor details and you lose focus of what's important. You may start to focus on getting rid of this tiny whistly character and once you've dialed it out you realize that you have a sound that's too dark to work in a mix and that thing you wanted to get rid of is inaudible in a mix context... and actually kind of necessary. :) Truth is - miking up a cabinet is very fun but like most things it takes years of trial and error to know what works in a mix and what doesn't. It also requires you to actually use your IR's.

This pack sounds fantastic!
And the idea to include only 10 very good, different impulses is also brilliant (already in the ML Greates Hits was great, here is the development of this idea) - because you do not need to break through 100 impulses differing in subtleties.
Impulse for the price of beer - it is also a fair deal :)
Well done Mikke, thanx :)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom