ML Sound Lab Episode 6: Ultimate Cab Pack Comparison

Which Cab Packs did you like?

• Total voters

ML SOUND LAB

Cab Pack Wizard
Vendor

Here's a comparison video of all the Cab Packs that I've shot to date. Please take a listen and vote for the ones that you really liked. I'll post results when we get enough votes for the poll! :)

The poll limit is sadly 10 options so let's ignore the last two options but if you really liked those last two then please comment here about it and I'll take that to account! :D

It's not because I live in Alaska, but I like A and K the most. They sound darned similar. D was nice too.

You can actually choose multiple choices in the poll. :) That would essentially give more votes and a better poll result.

Could you post audio on soundcloud with small pauses please? It'll be easier to navigate between all of them :)
That's an interesting comparison.

This is all very exciting and deep psychologically. I've created these comparison polls many times on this forum and 90% of the time the first option wins. I think it might be because people's ears get used to that first mix immediately after hearing it and after that you tend to seek for similarities rather than preferences. That's just a theory of mine. :)

Thanks for all the votes!

This is all very exciting and deep psychologically. I've created these comparison polls many times on this forum and 90% of the time the first option wins. I think it might be because people's ears get used to that first mix immediately after hearing it and after that you tend to seek for similarities rather than preferences. That's just a theory of mine. :)

That was my thought exactly. After hearing A, every other pack had a nasal frequency somewhere is the spectrum.
I voted A only.

I am used to comparisons, in this poll I compared the tones to the one that's in my head. "A" was the most balanced IMO for the genre of the sample.
Of course it's only my opinion tied to my tastes.

A is definitely one of my favorite cab packs for sure. :)

I realized that every cab could probably need a mix of their own to really shine so I created this semi-scientific additional comparison using Pink Noise to simulate an extremely crowded mix:

This is not meant to sound pleasant. It's supposed to emphasize the characteristics of the Cab Packs. Pink Noise is kind of simulating an extremely crowded mix so which ever you hear "best" is "best" in a mix for you. Also which characters cut through in a mix becomes more obvious.

Back
Top Bottom