ML Sound Lab Episode 2: The Volumaster

This is cool a cool trick and I do somewhat the same thing when using a CC for changing gain in a preset and trying to keep volume the same. Setting up the curve is the fun part.

nice vid.
I have done a similar thing before, but with drive and MV instead. (ie as preamp distortion goes up, power amp distortion goes down).
it helps to show the effect of preamp vs power amp distortion. tweaking the curves takes a bit of time - it's just trial and error.

This is very cool, but please explain how did you manage to change the MV value in sync with Level? I suppose that you have used the same controller for both, and if so, MV must be some inverse of the Level.

This is very cool, but please explain how did you manage to change the MV value in sync with Level? I suppose that you have used the same controller for both, and if so, MV must be some inverse of the Level.
Exactly. Just reverse the control curve with the start and end controllers and fine tune the amounts by ear to be somewhat close.

That's awesome. I had not even used scene controllers on AE before. That by itself was useful. LOL. There is always something new to enjoy with this unit. That is why it is a GAS killer.

Back
Top Bottom