ML Sound Lab: Difference Between ML Website Cab Packs & FAS Cab Packs?

Prince

Inspired
Vendor
@ML SOUND LAB

What are the differences between the cab packs found on the ML website vs those that are in the FAS store? I understand that the website versions are .wav files, which I would prefer, but that isn't a deal breaker/maker for me. There appears to be a lot of potential overlap between the cabs & speakers recorded in the ML-FAS & ML-website versions. Were the overlapping cabs & speakers reshot for the ML-website versions? Or are they identical to the ML-FAS versions, but just in .wav format? Thus are the ML-website versions superior to the ML-FAS versions? I just want to make sure I don't end up buying something twice. It also looks like the ML-FAS versions can offer more total IRs, while using roughly the same amount of mics. Are there more mix files? For example: ML Misha Mansour has 10 Cabs, 1432 total IRs, so a rough avg. of 143 IRs per cab. The potentially equivalent ML-website versions, Mega Djent, Mega, Oversize, & Mega Traditional, each have between 40-48 IRs. Now I need an additional thousand+ IRs like I need a hole in my head, as I'm already replete with redundant/useless IRs I've been hoarding for the apocalypse. Thus the limited # of IRs from the ML-Website is attractive to me, but I also don't want to miss out on any potential goodies.

Below is a chart I made doing a rough comparison of the offerings from the ML-website & his FAS Cab Packs. the ML-FAS cab packs are color coded and I've highlighted in red where there might be crossover in speakers/cabs from one source to the next. Any clarification y'all could offer would be much appreciated. Thanks y'all!

ML Sound Lab IR List.jpg

Back
Top Bottom