ML Sound Lab Cab Pack 19 Helmet cover

Fuck yeah. One of my top five favorite Helmet songs, if not #1.

Yeah, it's my number 1 but there are so many good ones from the first era.

All the way from Strap It On to Aftertaste plus all the Born Annoying stuff, I love it all.
Meantime is probably my favourite album, but I'll always have a soft spot for Betty as it was the first album of theirs that I got my hands on.

The second coming of the band is good too but I just love the Stanier/Bogdan era above all.

Yeah, it's my number 1 but there are so many good ones from the first era.

All the way from Strap It On to Aftertaste plus all the Born Annoying stuff, I love it all.
Meantime is probably my favourite album, but I'll always have a soft spot for Betty as it was the first album of theirs that I got my hands on.

The second coming of the band is good too but I just love the Stanier/Bogdan era above all.

And here I thought I was the only one who LOVED the Size Matters lineup. Sure,they hardly sounded like Helmet 1.0 but great songs and still had Page Fucking Hamilton. I think this video sums it up for me.

Also I love that Metal Machine comes with MIDI drum tracks for the first 3 songs on that album. But you probably knew t hat.

And here I thought I was the only one who LOVED the Size Matters lineup. Sure,they hardly sounded like Helmet 1.0 but great songs and still had Page Fucking Hamilton. I think this video sums it up for me.

Also I love that Metal Machine comes with MIDI drum tracks for the first 3 songs on that album. But you probably knew t hat.

Size Matters is probably their best produced album, I think it's really solid.
I actually use Metal Machine on all of my recordings these days, I listened to examples of all the EZX releases and that one just had the best snares for my taste. Sounds great.

I had a look at the groove library when I bought it and noticed that Smart was in their, pretty cool.

Have you guys heard the Gandhi demos Page did before forming Helmet MK2? They are awesome. Charlie Clouser worked on it with him.

If I had a flying Delorean I'd go back to 1994.

Oh damn I'm gonna watch that later. That's gotta be amazing. Crashing Foreign Cars (labeled as Car Crash) and See You Dead (labeled See Ya) are also included in there if you didn't see those.

I am LOVING these! Any release date set? Also, what bass were you using??
Thanks SlugAlex.
I replied to your other post, not sure if I helped at all, but I hope so.
Not long now for the this pack as Mikko posted above.
Definitely worth a look. I'll have some new clips up in the next few days demonstrating some different Alloy IRs over the same short piece of music, that may give a little insight into the pack.

As for the bass, I'm borrowing a friend's Schecter but I'm not sure of the model name. Need to buy my own bass, possible a G&L Tribute L2000.
The amp is a preset that someone posted on a Youtube clip. It's a Citrus Bass preset that I modified it a bit then changed the cab to Bass Mix 01 in Cab Pack 11. I totally reworked the preset for this song in particular to get sort of close to the Helmet bass sound from the 90's.

This is my main bass sound for my originals, still a work in progress.

I keep coming back to this recording, Shaun. Went ahead and A/B'd it to the original track. Gotta say, I like this tone better than the original to the point that I'm somewhat dissatisfied with the original now. I think you nailed the bass tone for the most part too. Good work dude.

I keep coming back to this recording, Shaun. Went ahead and A/B'd it to the original track. Gotta say, I like this tone better than the original to the point that I'm somewhat dissatisfied with the original now. I think you nailed the bass tone for the most part too. Good work dude.

I'll take that as a compliment, thanks for the kind words.
I love the song and I love Page's guitar work. He is my guitar idol.
But the tone is a strange thing for me, I love it on his recording and it works really well for Helmet but it's not a tone I'd like for me.
I love the album version but I don't like the remix version they use on the music video and the Crow soundtrack. They made the guitars sound a bit poo.

I haven't heard the remix, I need to look it up. Always heard the Crow was a great movie, haven't seen it yet though. I personally agree about Hamilton's tone, not for me at all, but it fits Helmet quite well.

"Tell me! If you think it's alright!"

I do man, I do. Nice job.

Thanks mate.
And extra points to you for working the lyrics in and making it in context of your post.
Very nicely done.

It made me think I should record some vocals over it.

oh my I love this band so much and this is so rockin'

Back
Top Bottom