ML Oversize Cab

Veloso1978

Inspired
Hi everyone,
I just buy the IR from ML Oversize Cab Pack and i just got some doubts.
I just download and are amazing IR and appears some with the KHZ... Can anyone can tell me what are that?
Sorry about but i need to learn .
Cheers to everyone.

Sorry, but you will most likely need a better english translation to describe what you're trying to express. I see you're from Portugal, down ol' South America way. (Arrested Development reference I know where Portugal is)

Sorry, but you will most likely need a better english translation to describe what you're trying to express. I see you're from Portugal, down ol' South America way. (Arrested Development reference I know where Portugal is)
Some files with 44.1kHz-16bit and the normal download MPT .
My only doubt its what the diference in that files?

Hey! I probably need to add a better how-to-use readme for these things but the problem seems to be that no one reads them anyways. Thank you to everyone who helped Veloso out. You guys rock!

Hey! I probably need to add a better how-to-use readme for these things but the problem seems to be that no one reads them anyways. Thank you to everyone who helped Veloso out. You guys rock!
Once more just play with that cabs. Are amazing. Thanks a lot. I just New in some things that’s way I ask for help... and now my sound will improve because the ML sound Lab. Cheers

Ok . That’s my big issue and don’t understand why MPT... The best to make are download kHz... Any specific? I’ve got the Axe fx 2 xl plus.
Thanks a lot for your help.

Explaining MPT is a little hard to simplify and put into words. MPT is short for minimum phase transformed. If you have Cab Lab 3 and you're mixing multiple IR's together it will be easiest with having them all set as MPT. It will make them all work together in a very friendly manner without any phase coherency issues. However, the raw version of an impulse that is not MPT will sound slightly warmer in the mids. Both sound good, and you can decide which one you subjectively like more as the change is fairly subtle, but many people might choose the raw version if they are using the single IR without mixing it together with others for a bit more natural of a sound.

Now, you can absolutely mix together 2 or more impulses that are in their raw form, and in doing so it becomes more like mixing real microphone placements on your sound source. If you've ever done this you might have checked to make sure they are phase aligned, and if they weren't you would match up closely the wave lengths. This can be done in the Axe-Fx, and more easily in Cab-Lab 3, by using the delay knob. Also, if you have the raw IR inside your Axe-Fx and you want to combine it with a different IR that is MPT, all you have to do is set smoothing inside the cab block to 0.01 to automatically make it MPT.

Hopefully this made some sense, and didn't add to any confusion. I can't find any videos unfortunately to demonstrate how aligning IR's works as most seem to show how to mix using the easier MPT method

Explaining MPT is a little hard to simplify and put into words. MPT is short for minimum phase transformed. If you have Cab Lab 3 and you're mixing multiple IR's together it will be easiest with having them all set as MPT. It will make them all work together in a very friendly manner without any phase coherency issues. However, the raw version of an impulse that is not MPT will sound slightly warmer in the mids. Both sound good, and you can decide which one you subjectively like more as the change is fairly subtle, but many people might choose the raw version if they are using the single IR without mixing it together with others for a bit more natural of a sound.

Now, you can absolutely mix together 2 or more impulses that are in their raw form, and in doing so it becomes more like mixing real microphone placements on your sound source. If you've ever done this you might have checked to make sure they are phase aligned, and if they weren't you would match up closely the wave lengths. This can be done in the Axe-Fx, and more easily in Cab-Lab 3, by using the delay knob. Also, if you have the raw IR inside your Axe-Fx and you want to combine it with a different IR that is MPT, all you have to do is set smoothing inside the cab block to 0.01 to automatically make it MPT.

Hopefully this made some sense, and didn't add to any confusion. I can't find any videos unfortunately to demonstrate how aligning IR's works as most seem to show how to mix using the easier MPT method
Thanks a lot for the explanaction... Its always good got someone explain this things... Thanks a lot for your help... ;)

Back
Top Bottom