"ML Greatest Hits" - 2018 BLACK NOVEMBER PACK!

I like the less is more approach

The days of getting the massive packs with 2000 files, and never having the time to go through them, was for me anyways, not helpful and actually a hinderance.

I was just cleaning up files on my PC yesterday and came across the Cabs In the Attic pack, never even unzipped, which I did, and then it’s just so massive with hundreds of files for each cab I know I’ll never bother wading through it all.

I kind of feel this new concept is like having a studio internet who I tell to spend all night listening to 2000 Ir’s and make me a list of the best choices for when I come back tommorow.

Then I pick which I like for a given amp, it sounds awesome, and I get to playing my guitar

@ML SOUND LAB I'm a big fan of the stock ML ones on the 3 and if you say these are the greatest hits and not the ones in the 3's factory ones - I'm convinced. Getting right on it!
Oh for sure. Truth be told, the IR's that come stock were originally meant to be "teasers" that would eventually lead to people wanting to get the full packs. The only problem was, those teasers were a little bit too impressive. :D They can't beat real life alloy mix IR's though which is what this pack is full of.

I like the less is more approach

The days of getting the massive packs with 2000 files, and never having the time to go through them, was for me anyways, not helpful and actually a hinderance.

I was just cleaning up files on my PC yesterday and came across the Cabs In the Attic pack, never even unzipped, which I did, and then it’s just so massive with hundreds of files for each cab I know I’ll never bother wading through it all.

I kind of feel this new concept is like having a studio internet who I tell to spend all night listening to 2000 Ir’s and make me a list of the best choices for when I come back tommorow.

Then I pick which I like for a given amp, it sounds awesome, and I get to playing my guitar
It's definitely more of the trend now. For an IR producer it's kind of hard to just include just a couple of IR's when you know that you need to spend a lot of time miking up the cab and shoot thousands of IR's to find the best sounds possible. Even the 200 IR packs that were released 3-4 years ago were cut down to around 10% of the full IR amount. Now it's literally getting closer to 0,05%. :D But that's the most user friendly option.

Honestly after thinking about this some more I'd rather not give the user the option to tweak too much because then there's the possibility of finding "not so great" sounds in a pack. :) I know how the mics should be placed so I guess it's my job after all right?

Any plans on doing an Ampeg 8x10 or more bass cabs in general? The 121 4x10 is currently my bass IR for my live patches.

Getting this and the Legends pack for sure - ML FTW! .

Any plans on doing an Ampeg 8x10 or more bass cabs in general? The 121 4x10 is currently my bass IR for my live patches.

Getting this and the Legends pack for sure - ML FTW! .
Maybe! I definitely want to create more tools for as many things as possible. :) So awesome that you're getting both of these packs. A lot of dedication and cab collecting went into creating these packs. Years of effort for both packs really.

What about amp presets matching the cabs ? :)
Never say never! Presets are a difficult beast as I would most likely tweak amps slightly differently based on the guitar but people have really loved the presets I've made for some of the packs so why not. I'm actually more worried about updating the presets to work with new firmware. :)

Is it possible to get updated presets of your packs for the A-Fx3 ?
I love your bass presets but exporting them from 2xl to 3, I’ve lost which cab was originally used...

There's a fine line and balance between keeping it similar and giving enough options. I really like summaries, your favorite mixes, mics, positions. It's nice to have all the detail behind it I guess, but I rarely look there. Too much to worry about.

What I dislike is having to play engineer...I'd rather either pick the Mix file for each cab and run with it, or 57-121 if that's my favorite, or whatever. I don't want to have to compare mics and positions and various mixes.

Is it possible to get updated presets of your packs for the A-Fx3 ?
I love your bass presets but exporting them from 2xl to 3, I’ve lost which cab was originally used...
I will look into this at some point. Axe-Fx III doesn't have preset-cab bundle support yet so it's kind of impossible right now.

There's a fine line and balance between keeping it similar and giving enough options. I really like summaries, your favorite mixes, mics, positions. It's nice to have all the detail behind it I guess, but I rarely look there. Too much to worry about.

What I dislike is having to play engineer...I'd rather either pick the Mix file for each cab and run with it, or 57-121 if that's my favorite, or whatever. I don't want to have to compare mics and positions and various mixes.
That's the dilemma right there. Early on I started choosing ACE folders where you have my personal picks and then other folders with hundreds of options. I even got messages that the ACE folder had too many options. :)

Well I just bought it
I am going to start from scratch
And just load these up and see what I can do with maybe 5 or 6 favourites
And stop endless Ir sorting

Thanks Mikko

Well I just bought it
I am going to start from scratch
And just load these up and see what I can do with maybe 5 or 6 favourites
And stop endless Ir sorting

Thanks Mikko
I definitely want to hear what you come up with! In my demonstration video I'm using some amp sims like 5153, Friedmans, JCM800s that work really well with default settings even. Less is more in the end. Treat the amp block like real amps and you're done. :)

You've got my money Mr. ML :cool:
Stellar IRs as always! But in a best possible pack. This is the kind of pack I love. 22 IRs of gold. I would easily live with this pack alone. It covers everything!

You've got my money Mr. ML :cool:
Stellar IRs as always! But in a best possible pack. This is the kind of pack I love. 22 IRs of gold. I would easily live with this pack alone. It covers everything!

Oh yes! Loving the clip a lot. It's the most plug'n'play + versatility pack I could come up with. :)

Last edited:
Reactions: DTS
I probably own all the packs that these impulses came from, but I bought this anyway because I support Mikko.

I just went through a bunch of my patches and I plan to remove all my impulses and just use these. They really are the best selections from all of Mikko's work. Do yourself a favor, especially if you don't have all of Mikko's packs and pick this one up now!!! It's worth the value simply for the fact that Mikko made a choice of what the best sounding impulse is for each cab. No one needs hundreds of impulses of the same cab. They just need one that perfectly captures the characteristics of that cab and that is what this pack is. Masterpiece!!!

Back
Top Bottom