"ML Greatest Hits" - 2018 BLACK NOVEMBER PACK!

Thank you buddy and yeah I wish I could sleep more but things are really great. Right now I feel like life before having the baby didn't really make much sense. Now everything has a purpose. :)

That's exactly how I felt when my son was born and I was 25. I was kind of floating along through life at that point, but after that I had something to focus on and that helped me start driving in other areas of life. We're almost two months in with our third...averaging maybe 5 hours of sleep per night. It's even harder when you have other kids to manage too!

Anyways, I picked up the Vintage Combo bundle based on the Greatest Hits last night. I had the USA Combo pack but didn't love it, but the American 2x12 and Class A have a lot of really good IR's in there. I'll have to clear out my user IR's as it's kind of a mess and load some new ones. I'm really liking single M160 mics lately, finding mixes that are balanced. I like your IR's because there doesn't seem to be any artificial highs or lows and there's a good balance between sounding natural without sounding too raw.

@Jarick things with the baby are definitely changing constantly and that cliche that everyone says "they grow up so fast" is so true. She's taking her first steps already at 8 months old. :)

About the IR's, yes the M160 is AWESOME! It's placed in a similar way as an SM57 and it has that kind of a sound but also a lot more depth to it so it's kind of like a blend of an SM57 and R121 but all in one mic that you can fine tune. I love it! Combo IR's are always interesting because they have very strong characters to them. A 4x12 is a "safe" cabinet to shoot because usually you get other speakers to help support your sound but when it's only one speaker you definitely need to rely more on having a really good speaker to work with. The Class-A is just perfect in so many ways... I wish I could own the real thing but the guy I borrowed it from wouldn't agree to sell it. :)

@Jarick things with the baby are definitely changing constantly and that cliche that everyone says "they grow up so fast" is so true. She's taking her first steps already at 8 months old. :)

About the IR's, yes the M160 is AWESOME! It's placed in a similar way as an SM57 and it has that kind of a sound but also a lot more depth to it so it's kind of like a blend of an SM57 and R121 but all in one mic that you can fine tune. I love it! Combo IR's are always interesting because they have very strong characters to them. A 4x12 is a "safe" cabinet to shoot because usually you get other speakers to help support your sound but when it's only one speaker you definitely need to rely more on having a really good speaker to work with. The Class-A is just perfect in so many ways... I wish I could own the real thing but the guy I borrowed it from wouldn't agree to sell it. :)

That's a great way to describe the M160! A lot of times the 57-121 combo can be either a little too harsh, too scooped, or too congested depending on how it's produced. But the 160 tends to be a nice balance of warm yet clear as the aggressive 57 high isn't there and the 121 boomy low end isn't there either.

If I were to ever produce my own IR's, I'd probably start with a 57 and a 160 and try to shape as much as possible with those two mics.

After elaborate tests in the studio and on the road over the course of a few weeks - These are simply a must have! Tried it at small club sized venues, bigger halls, cans and well treated studios and I have to say the frequency balance on all the IRs are just about perfect and they sound very very natural! I find a lot of IRs very hyped/scooped which has the problem of not translating live but working well in the studio sometimes. These are now my go to IRs for everything - Rock, metal, blues for both guitar and bass!

After elaborate tests in the studio and on the road over the course of a few weeks - These are simply a must have! Tried it at small club sized venues, bigger halls, cans and well treated studios and I have to say the frequency balance on all the IRs are just about perfect and they sound very very natural! I find a lot of IRs very hyped/scooped which has the problem of not translating live but working well in the studio sometimes. These are now my go to IRs for everything - Rock, metal, blues for both guitar and bass!
Thank you so much for spending the time to get to know the IR's and I'm really happy that they worked for you. :) The situations you just described (different size venues and studios etc) is exactly where you'll notice the weaknesses in IR's and that's usually where you'll noticed anything unnatural that's been put on the IR. My emphasis is definitely trying to keep things as raw and natural as possible. We're dealing with digital modelers so I think what we all want to get is raw authenticity. :)

What mic/mic combos is the PR75 4x12 cab using? Seems to translate like a champ on every type of PA I've tried em through. It has become my default for any live situations on my guitarists' AX8s. Any chances of doing something with a Hiwatt cab or Fane speakers? Loving the Hipower Jumped models more and more recently and having some ML cabs to go with that would be excellent! The PR75 seems to work great in a pinch with pretty much every amp model though.

What mic/mic combos is the PR75 4x12 cab using? Seems to translate like a champ on every type of PA I've tried em through. It has become my default for any live situations on my guitarists' AX8s. Any chances of doing something with a Hiwatt cab or Fane speakers? Loving the Hipower Jumped models more and more recently and having some ML cabs to go with that would be excellent! The PR75 seems to work great in a pinch with pretty much every amp model though.
I believe that's the classic "industry standard" and era correct SM57 + R121 in an alloy mix. So it's a fine tuned mic mix in real life instead of post-mixing IR's, which gives you a much more authentic sound. :) For sure I have plans to do everything possible out there.

I bought the Greatest Hits pack right now and tried it. I tried all 22 cabs and I was floored, its spot on without much tweaking, sometimes no tweaking at all. Its crazy. Definitely worth it. For those who don’t want to audition 1000 of IRs, this is definitely a way to go.

I’m also really curious on the bonus pack though and i want to add to my collection of Mesa IRs. But when i bought the cab pack earlier, the bonus unreleased cab (Mikko’s cab) doesn’t appear inside the zip file that I received ☹️

Back
Top Bottom