"ML Greatest Hits" - 2018 BLACK NOVEMBER PACK!

ML SOUND LAB

Cab Pack Wizard
Vendor
EDIT: Video demo:

22 cabinets in one pack. ;) More info here: https://shop.fractalaudio.com/ML_Greatest_Hits_Collection_p/fas-801-0053.htm

Fractal Audio and ML Sound Lab are celebrating our four year successful collaboration with a "Greatest Hits" Cab Pack. This is actually by far the most requested Cab Pack ever since I started announcing my personal top IR list. So that's exactly what this is, my personal top IR's with a bonus User Cab that's an unreleased IR of my personal guitar cab which weirdly enough has never been in any pack. :) Overall my top list has been gone over hundreds of times to only include IR's that I can trust to work for clients and they also cover a lot of ground from 1x12s to 2x12s to 4x10 bass cabs to obviously the 4x12s that we all love.

The pack obviously comes with my personal favorite Mesa, Diezel, Zilla etc. djent IR's all the way to vintage gems but also some IR's that in my opinion haven't gotten the attention they deserve. The 1970s Creamback cabinet from the Brit II collection is still one of the best cabs I've ever had at the studio but I don't hear anyone talking about it. The Orange 4x12 has got to be one of the fullest sounding cabs I've ever done. And in the end there's nothing I like more for clean sounds than some vintage Fender or Vox IR's.

Here's the list of what's included:
  1. ML 1x12 Sure, based on a Suhr™ 1x12 Cabinet with an English Celestion™ Vintage 30® Speaker
  2. ML 1x12 USA Tweed, based on a 1960 Fender™ “Tweed” Deluxe 5E3 Narrow Panel Combo with a Jensen™ P12Q® Speaker
  3. ML 2x12 Citrus, based on an Orange™ 2x12 Cabinet with Celestion™ 60w Vintage 30® Speakers
  4. ML 2x12 Class-A, based on a 1964 Vox™ 2x12 AC30® Top Boost Combo with original Alnico Blue® Speakers
  5. ML 2x12 Double Verb, based on a 1969 Fender™ Silverface Twin Combo with Oxford® Speakers
  6. ML 2x12 USA, based on a Mesa™ 2x12 Cabinet with Celestion™ 70w Vintage 30® Speakers
  7. ML 2x12 Zilla, based on an IR mix of Zilla Cabs™ combining several Celestion™ Speakers
  8. ML 4x10 SV Bass, based on an Ampeg™ 4x10 SVT™ 410 Bass Cabinet with 10” Speakers
  9. ML 4x10 USA Bass, based on a Mesa™ PowerHouse PH1000 Bass Cabinet with Eminence™ 1x15 and 4x10 Speakers & HF Horn
  10. ML 4x12 5153, based on an EVH™ 5150III® 4x12 Straight Cabinet with Signature Celestion™ G12EVH® Speakers
  11. ML 4x12 Angle, based on an Engl™ 4x12 Pro™ Straight Cabinet with 60w Celestion™ Vintage 30™ Speakers
  12. ML 4x12 Brit Cream, based on a Marshall™ 1960B 4x12 Cabinet with Rola™ Celestion™ G12H-30 “Creamback” Speakers
  13. ML 4x12 Brit Fortus, based on a Marshall™ JCM Slash Signature 1960AV 4x12 Cabinet with Celestion™ Vintage Speakers
  14. ML 4x12 Brit PR75, based on a Marshall™ 1960 4x12 Cabinet with “pre-Rola™” Celestion™ G12M-25 75hz “Greenback” Speakers
  15. ML 4x12 Brit TV, based on a Marshall™ 1960TV 4x12 Cabinet with Celestion™ G12M-25 "Greenback” Speakers
  16. ML 4x12 Citrus, based on an Orange™ 4x12 Straight Cabinet with English Celestion™ Vintage 30® Speakers
  17. ML 4x12 Dizzy, based on a Diezel™ 4x12 front-loaded with 60w Celestion™ Vintage 30® and G12K-100® Speakers
  18. ML 4x12 Euro, based on a Bogner™ 4x12 Slant Cabinet with 60w Celestion™ Vintage 30® Speakers
  19. ML 4x12 Mikko's Cab, based on a Mesa™ 4x12 OS Straight Cabinet with 70W “Original Spec” Celestion™ Vintage 30® Speakers
  20. ML 4x12 USA Bulb, based on a Mesa™ 4x12 OS Straight Cabinet with 70W Celestion™ Vintage 30® Speakers
  21. ML 4x12 USA Djent, based on a Mesa™ 4x12 OS Slant Cabinet with 70W Celestion™ Vintage 30® Speakers
  22. ML 4X12 USA Trad, based on a Mesa™ 4x12 Traditional Straight Cabinet with 70W Celestion™ Vintage 30® Speakers

There's a lot of cool stories behind this pack which I'll get into later so stay tuned if you're interested. There are no "ML Legends" IR's in this pack. More about that pack here: https://shop.fractalaudio.com/ML_Legends_p/fas-801-0052b.htm

**REMINDER** - I would like to remind everyone that unlike last year, this is a limited time offer so be sure to get it while you can.

Last edited:
Does it include several irs for each cabinet or only one for cabinet? (The fractal shop states that the pack includes 22 irs)

Thanks
One IR of each cabinet. That one IR is the one that I've used the most in my productions so it's the "Greatest Hit". :) Just like it says: 22 cabs, 22 IR's. Every IR is from a different cabinet... but still there are f.ex. 6 IR's based on Mesa and 4 IR's based on Marshall and so on so you kind of do get versatility in that sense.

I think this is VERY cool for the guys that have option paralysis there you go 22 choices ,doesn't get much easier than that IMO
That was a big reason for this pack. I get to scan through these IR's quite frequently so I know where to find the best ones but I think even the people who already own f.ex. the Brit Big Box. I don't think every owner of that pack has gone through the 2205 IR's, yet some of the best IR's can be found in there. :) This pack however is super quick and easy to use.

AAA+++++++ IR pack! Totally out of the park!
(brilliant idea btw :D)

If anyone is curious if we are getting the greatest IR picks
I compared the Mikko's greatest ML 4x12 Brit Fortus IR choice, to my personal pick of that pack, and they were the same IR
(I'll PM it, in case you don't want it revealed ;) )

I thought the ML 4x12 Brit Cream IR goes really well with the ML Legends All SM57 mix (not included in this pack, but thought I would share that opinion)

Mikko's Mesa OS cab is a total hit too (another? why yes! :))
I think I actually prefer it over the other two (djent, bulb) and both of them are just as stellar too

The combos are really great! I was kinda really hoping they were, as that fills a much needed void.
I stayed on the ML USA Tweed for quite awhile.

I'll be trying the others today....
If you're still reading this, stop now, and just go buy the pack, you're wasting valuable playing time

Thanks for this release! I've been curious about some of these cabs for quite a while.

I really like the Class A, better than some of my favorites, it's full in the low end, which is missing from some brands. Surprised how bright the Suhr cab was. Huge variety in the 4x12's...I like the Djent and Citrus ones, ML is good too. Will have to dig through these!

Hey Mikko,

thanks once more for what looks like an amazing cab pack and an amazing deal, as well!
I already own some of the packs this pack is based on and I also have an Axe Fx III which also contains some IRs of most of those cab. So I would be very interested which specific IRs are in this pack in order to know which IR you consider best (just out of interest) and if it's worth it for me to buy this pack. I don't want to buy it and then realize I already own 90% of those IRs in one or another way.

Almost purchased this but I'm torn between this and the Legends pack. Having an Axe Fx 3 - I wonder if I'll get a lot of the same IRs since the 3 has a bunch of IRs from ML already factory installed in there. @ML SOUND LAB
Tough call...having already purchased the vast majority of Mikko’s packs on top of the ridiculous selection of factory cabs on the III I don’t need to get Greatest Hits, but for a newcomer, prolly hard to beat for the price, and hopefully Mikko didn’t offer too much duplication with the IIIs factory cabs..
....and the Legends definitely contain some o his best work......how about buy greatest hits now as it is a temporary offering, and Legends in a couple months when you’ve collected a few more shekels......

Almost purchased this but I'm torn between this and the Legends pack. Having an Axe Fx 3 - I wonder if I'll get a lot of the same IRs since the 3 has a bunch of IRs from ML already factory installed in there. @ML SOUND LAB

I wonder same thing but all the 3 cabs are single mic

These are multi mic from his Aces
Folder if I follow correctly so they are going to be diffferent

How different than if you took a 57 and 121 and mixed them in the 3
I don’t know
But curious as well

Tough call...having already purchased the vast majority of Mikko’s packs on top of the ridiculous selection of factory cabs on the III I don’t need to get Greatest Hits, but for a newcomer, prolly hard to beat for the price, and hopefully Mikko didn’t offer too much duplication with the IIIs factory cabs..
....and the Legends definitely contain some o his best work......how about buy greatest hits now as it is a temporary offering, and Legends in a couple months when you’ve collected a few more shekels......

I agree the 3 has a lot of cabs lol
But for a guy just getting an Axe2
Or AX8 I would not hesitate to pick this up it’s a killer deal
And to have 22 cabs that you know are going to sound killer w matching amps is a nice way to start the journey

I 100% guarantee that none of the IR's in this pack can be found as stock IR's in the Axe-Fx. Unlike most IR producers, I actually shoot IR's of all four speakers on a 4x12 since the difference between speakers can be as big as the difference between two completely different cabinets. Just try out all the Mesa V30 IR's of mine that you'll find stock, do any of them sound the same? No. That and also the way I do IR mixes is completely different than blending IR's in post. I actually place the microphones on the speaker so that they sound good together and these IR's are never released separately for "reasons". A) I don't think they're good on their own and B) I don't want to give away my mic techniques. :)

AAA+++++++ IR pack! Totally out of the park!
(brilliant idea btw :D)

If anyone is curious if we are getting the greatest IR picks
I compared the Mikko's greatest ML 4x12 Brit Fortus IR choice, to my personal pick of that pack, and they were the same IR
(I'll PM it, in case you don't want it revealed ;) )

I thought the ML 4x12 Brit Cream IR goes really well with the ML Legends All SM57 mix (not included in this pack, but thought I would share that opinion)

Mikko's Mesa OS cab is a total hit too (another? why yes! :))
I think I actually prefer it over the other two (djent, bulb) and both of them are just as stellar too

The combos are really great! I was kinda really hoping they were, as that fills a much needed void.
I stayed on the ML USA Tweed for quite awhile.

I'll be trying the others today....
If you're still reading this, stop now, and just go buy the pack, you're wasting valuable playing time
Thank you for one of the best posts ever. :) I think this pack goes to show that I never "make the same pack twice", just compare those different Mesa IR's, they are all radically different and yes I agree that every time I made a new Mesa pack it was because I found something "better" but they're all amazing flavors really.

This pack should be perfect for just about everyone looking for quick and amazing results. I just finished shooting a demo video and it was really fun to shoot since there's really no way of getting a bad sound with these IR's. :)

Thanks for this release! I've been curious about some of these cabs for quite a while.

I really like the Class A, better than some of my favorites, it's full in the low end, which is missing from some brands. Surprised how bright the Suhr cab was. Huge variety in the 4x12's...I like the Djent and Citrus ones, ML is good too. Will have to dig through these!
For sure, the Vox that I shot was really old, the cloth was flapping because of the volume I was pushing through it and the sound was oh so good. It's a shame so many people who shoot vintage Vox IR's low cut their IR's since Vox low end is very low. The Suhr is bright because it's a 1x12, simple as that really. :) I've used it on some guitar sounds when I start feeling like I need more treble but hate the sound of raising the treble on my amp so I'll just blend some of this in and it's oh so nice.

I 100% guarantee that none of the IR's in this pack can be found as stock IR's in the Axe-Fx. Unlike most IR producers, I actually shoot IR's of all four speakers on a 4x12 since the difference between speakers can be as big as the difference between two completely different cabinets. Just try out all the Mesa V30 IR's of mine that you'll find stock, do any of them sound the same? No. That and also the way I do IR mixes is completely different than blending IR's in post. I actually place the microphones on the speaker so that they sound good together and these IR's are never released separately for "reasons". A) I don't think they're good on their own and B) I don't want to give away my mic techniques. :)
Just what many folks needed to read!.......now for us longtime faithful, might there be a way to share or PM the specifics of your selections so we can go back to our original cabpacks and check your choice?...
Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom