ML Dizzy: The fattest and meanest Cab Pack yet

Hi Mikko,

I really liked the characteristics of this one, it separates from the others by something that I cannot describe.

Is there any plan for including some mix IR's in the package? I really like the Bulb mixes in the packs 13 and 19 and find them easier to use. I was mostly using the alloys until now, but with Q3, I gave a shot to the mixes, and they really shine.

I'd be a very happy guy if there were mix ready IR's in this pack too!

Hi Mikko,

I really liked the characteristics of this one, it separates from the others by something that I cannot describe.

Is there any plan for including some mix IR's in the package? I really like the Bulb mixes in the packs 13 and 19 and find them easier to use. I was mostly using the alloys until now, but with Q3, I gave a shot to the mixes, and they really shine.

I'd be a very happy guy if there were mix ready IR's in this pack too!
Yeah I think I'll be doing some mixes so people who don't have Cab-Lab can still enjoy more of the pack. Obviously all the IR's should work pretty well in a mix without even mixing them a whole lot. :)

I bought it. Waiting for my 'f' worded up ears to rest a bit to dive into the sea of the IR's (today I played a lot of thrash, while my playing was utter trash!). I was really waiting for this one. Thanks!

I bought it. Waiting for my 'f' worded up ears to rest a bit to dive into the sea of the IR's (today I played a lot of thrash, while my playing was utter trash!). I was really waiting for this one. Thanks!
That's awesome! Let me know what you think of the Less IR's and djent IR's. :)

Here's another video where I show how easy it is to get a good sound with under a minute of tweaking and choosing the IR completely randomly:

Hey everyone! I have good news. This Cab Pack actually won a huge Cab Pack shootout recently demoing some modern metal tones. The good news are that the presets that come with this pack have been fine tuned to work with the latest firmwares and now you also have the AX8 versions for the presets. You can re-download the Cab Pack through the Fractal Online store with your account details. :)

These are all the packs that got the 2017 Preset-Cab Bundle update:
Cab Pack 7: CK's USA Traditional 4x12
Cab Pack 18: ML Class-A
Cab Pack 20: ML Brit 4x12 Collection
Cab Pack 23: ML USA + Citrus 2x12s
Cab Pack 24 - ML Dizzy 4x12

Hi everyone,
(realized just now I put this question in the wrong thread earlier today)
just out of curiosity, where do you set your low resonance frequency with the diezel cabs? what's your experience? Or is there, by any accident, official info i might have missed?

thanx in advance

c

I keep getting the low resonance frequency question A LOT these days. Where does this fashion originate from? I highly recommend reading Cliff's notes about the topic: https://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/about-matching-your-cabinets-resonant-frequency.79816/ This is talking about using a real cabinet with a SS power amp so it's not being used with IR's. Still if you follow that "science" the low res for a V30 will be around 83hz and for the K100 it's more like 95hz. When you're asking what the combined resonance will be for a V30 and K100 mixed IR then maybe choose something inbetween.

Hi,
thanks for your answer.
I still have this very cab at home and I always felt a "thing" going on around 92hz. I was putting a sine wave through the cab abd thats where you could feel her, but at the same time I know it could've been my room too so... but 83hz plus 10% (in a sealed box) would be around 92 so that would make sense actually. One more question tho (Remembering Peter Falk): There's talk about speaker resonance and cab resonance right? Is that basically the same? Or, f.ex., if one had a cab with an X-Pattern with both speakers, k100s and v30, what does that mean for cab resonance (in case cab resonance differs from speaker resonance)? I am just asking out of curiosity and to understand, I'll use my ears turning knobs, I promise!

Thanks again for the answer,

Chris

Back
Top Bottom