ML Class-A Cab Pack!

This pack comes with Preset-Cab Bundles that I A/B'd to sound as close to the 1964 real thing as possible. SC stands for single coil and HB stands for humbucker. So this time there's no need for any IR searching. I did it for you. :) But obviously you should experiment with other IR's at some point to get the most out of the pack.

Here are samples of all of them:

[soundcloud]https://www.soundcloud.com/clark-kent-job/ml-class-a-preset-cab-bundles[/soundcloud]

As always my IR's are mix ready and 100% natural. Here's a sample:

[soundcloud]https://www.soundcloud.com/clark-kent-job/ml-class-a-in-a-mix[/soundcloud]

Another example:

[soundcloud]https://www.soundcloud.com/clark-kent-job/axe-fx-quantum-vox-ac30-treble-boost-with-ml-sound-lab-irs[/soundcloud]

Remember to have fun with these. :) You get amazingly realistic results by using the TB 30 amp sim and just touching the drive, bass, treble and hicut knobs.

Last edited:
This pack comes with Preset-Cab Bundles that I A/B'd to sound as close to the 1964 real thing as possible. SC stands for single coil and HB stands for humbucker. So this time there's no need for any IR searching. I did it for you. :) But obviously you should experiment with other IR's at some point to get the most out of the pack.

Here are samples of all of them:

[soundcloud]https://www.soundcloud.com/clark-kent-job/ml-class-a-preset-cab-bundles[/soundcloud]

As always my IR's are mix ready and 100% natural. Here's a sample:

[soundcloud]https://www.soundcloud.com/clark-kent-job/ml-class-a-in-a-mix[/soundcloud]

Another example:

[soundcloud]https://www.soundcloud.com/clark-kent-job/axe-fx-quantum-vox-ac30-treble-boost-with-ml-sound-lab-irs[/soundcloud]

Remember to have fun with these. :) You get amazingly realistic results by using the TB 30 amp sim and just touching the drive, bass, treble and hicut knobs.

Well done—and ahead of deadline too!

This was meant to be a joke at first since Class-A isn't people's first choice for high gain but high gain reveals the flaws in IR's. That's why I teach people to choose their clean IR's with higher drive settings as well. Most Class-A IR's that I had tried before were unusable with higher gain settings since there are some nasty frequencies here and there but mainly because they were too dark or too bright. If you know "my sound" you'll recognize the middle emphasis and pleasing high end combined with a brightness that's ready for a modern mix. I'm very happy with how natural these IR's sound. Organic, realistic, warm and clean. My personal tip would be to lower the bass and raise the treble, then have the hicut kind of noonish or at 0. After that just raise the gain where you sound clean when playing lightly and driven when picking hard. This is how I found one of my favorite presets that's incredibly versatile and pedal friendly.

I use these for everything from Foo Fighters to Incubus. You can do the retro thing. You can do the modern thing. Give them a spin! :)

Probably a very blunt question, but it ends with :
A very special thank you goes to Justin York of the band Paramore (he's their Touring Guitarist) for choosing most of the Alloy Aces.

Is this ac30 package really different from the ownhammer justin york ac30 ones? Are we talking about the same amp?

A very special thank you goes to Justin York of the band Paramore (he's their Touring Guitarist) for choosing most of the Alloy Aces.

Is this ac30 package really different from the ownhammer justin york ac30 ones? Are we talking about the same amp?

I've already spoken with FAS about removing my name from this product, as I know it's confusing to those who know about my AC30 that OwnHammer shot. This being an ML thread and in the pursuit of tact, I won't give any opinions as to what makes the two libraries different, but to answer your question...yes, they're very different. Different physical amp, different feature set, different capturing methods...It's a completely different product.

I've already spoken with FAS about removing my name from this product, as I know it's confusing to those who know about my AC30 that OwnHammer shot. This being an ML thread and in the pursuit of tact, I won't give any opinions as to what makes the two libraries different, but to answer your question...yes, they're very different. Different physical amp, different feature set, different capturing methods...It's a completely different product.

Thanks Justin, its indeed confusing. This clears it up.

Quick demo of the cab pack, with a mix I did when I was beta testing it. I need to retest it again and try new mixes with higher gain settings, as suggested ; unfortunately I don't play guitar these days because of some health problems (I cough like crazy and I'm completely voiceless). Also, the strings on my guitar are 5 months old, lol

These packs have nothing to do with each other. These ML Class-A IR's are 100% produced by ML Sound Lab and it's based on a very sought after and rare Class-A combo. So they are different physical amps, IR shoot methods, mic up methods, different speakers.

Justin did some beta testing for this Cab Pack and I felt like he deserved a big thank you for his efforts so I asked him if I could thank him in the readme file to which he replied yes.

Quick demo of the cab pack, with a mix I did when I was beta testing it. I need to retest it again and try new mixes with higher gain settings, as suggested ; unfortunately I don't play guitar these days because of some health problems (I cough like crazy and I'm completely voiceless). Also, the strings on my guitar are 5 months old, lol

Thank you for this awesome demo fremen! Nice high end sparkle in there for sure. :)

I hope you get better.

Back
Top Bottom