ML Cab Pack 20 PR75 & Brit Pre

shaunb

Experienced
Here's a test of ML Sound Lab Cab Pack 20 on a song I wrote recently to see how it fits.
I'm having some guitar dramas at the moment and need a fresh setup, I'll re-record this properly once I've sorted out some issues, so excuse the rough draft playing for now.

Amp: Brit Pre
Rhythm IR: ML Brit PR75 SM57-M160 01
Melody IR: ML Brit PR75 SM57-MD421 01

That sounds just like Slash!!!! Dude... instant Appetite For Destruction vibes. :) Add cowbell and send it to Slash and he'll be using Axe-Fx in no time.

Well, that sounds awesome! ML - great IRs, just bought Cab Pack 20 as my first ever cab pack! Been using the factory ones and loving them, but I've been after an awesome sounding Marshall-y cab, and these sound EPIC. \m/ Can't wait to get playing!

yeah...nice meaty rhythm tone with just the right amount of gain. you still have lots of string separation and it sounds great

I noticed that too. Sounds like a good clean amp and marshall re-amped together. Love the way the fractal amp models give you that.

You can here all the notes in the chord but you still get that good "hash" on top of the tone too.

Something about Marshall knarly tones... can't get enough of that.

yeah...nice meaty rhythm tone with just the right amount of gain. you still have lots of string separation and it sounds great
Thanks Simeon.
I thought I'd used slightly too much gain but it seems to sound ok in the mix.
The string separation thing is really important, I'm glad that came across. The Brit Pre is really good in that regard. It has been the surprise packet since buying my Axe. I tried it out of interest and it quickly became my #1 amp sim. Works really well with this pack I think.

That sounds just like Slash!!!! Dude... instant Appetite For Destruction vibes. :) Add cowbell and send it to Slash and he'll be using Axe-Fx in no time.
Actually on a second listen I started to get an AC/DC Ballbreaker era vibe as well. :confused:

Very interesting. I love how these tones and song ideas can be identified with in so many ways. Didn't expect those comparisons but I'll gladly take them. Cheers mate.
Loving this PR75 cab. I'll explore the others this week, tones of awesome tones in there. Congrats again on the awesome work you've done.

Well, that sounds awesome! ML - great IRs, just bought Cab Pack 20 as my first ever cab pack! Been using the factory ones and loving them, but I've been after an awesome sounding Marshall-y cab, and these sound EPIC. \m/ Can't wait to get playing!
Enjoy it, you'll have heaps to work with.

I'll be eagerly awaiting another amazing Megadeth clip from you with this pack ;)
The other clips you posted really rocked.

Sounds old Def Leppard to me - I really like it! Sounds awesome.
HA! That's pretty cool.
Thanks for checking it out.

The Def Leppard guys use the JMP-1 preamp I think? I could be wrong.
As I mentioned in response to Mikko above, I really love hearing different interpretations of the same recording.
Thanks for posting.

Enjoy it, you'll have heaps to work with.

I'll be eagerly awaiting another amazing Megadeth clip from you with this pack ;)
The other clips you posted really rocked.

Haha thanks dude! I was using a 1x12 Shiver Cab in those - I'm finding the ML cabs give me tonnes more bite and feel, I'm loving them!

Forgot to say, great sound and playing from you bro in the original post - really enjoyed it! \m/

Back
Top Bottom