ML Bulb Angle Citrus: The second Misha Mansoor / ML Cab Pack

Yeah, i believe so too and it's so effortless to get these tones. :)
Well that's essentially the thing that lead me to shooting proper IR's in the first place. I realized that the changes I wanted were not something that the advanced amp settings can fix. It was always about the IR's. Just like Cliff said today in "that other thread", it's scary how similar amps can sound if you pre and post EQ them. You can make Marshall sound like Mesa with some broad EQ. That alone tells us the importance of good natural IR's.

The results kind of speak for themselves. The easiest way to create amazing guitar tones modeler or tube amp - is to use really good IR's with the Axe-Fx. Literally 2min and you're done watching the tube guy waiting for his tubes to warm up so he can get sound out of his rig. :)

The two IRs I am using right now for my main tone. Misha's USA Mix 8 and The Angle Sm57-MD421 3. MMMM.

Buttery and Force are also pretty incredible paired with the USA Mix 8 IR.

The two IRs I am using right now for my main tone. Misha's USA Mix 8 and The Angle Sm57-MD421 3. MMMM.

Buttery and Force are also pretty incredible paired with the USA Mix 8 IR.
I'm having one of those moments where I'm in my favorite pizzeria looking at the menu where it has my favorite pepperoni pizza and I feel like I'm already eating the pizza since it sounds so delicious!!!!!

Those IR's you mentioned are delicious dude! :D

hi i will purchase this cab pack today :cool: just got some questions:

-How big is the cab pack (file size) i got slow internet connection here..

-What would be the best cabs irs for live playing? i guess the cabs with the most mids EQ. (Citrus cabs) ?

Cheers,

hi i will purchase this cab pack today :cool: just got some questions:

-How big is the cab pack (file size) i got slow internet connection here..

-What would be the best cabs irs for live playing? i guess the cabs with the most mids EQ. (Citrus cabs) ?

Cheers,
That's awesome man. I think the filesize is around 30-40mb.

I think Misha is using two of the first Angle mixes live at the moment. More mids = you hear yourself better so sure with the Citrus you will be on top of the mix. :)

I chose the Engl Savage sim + ML Bulb Blend Butter IR and lowered bass to 4 on the amp eq. The sound was there. F****ng awesome!!

This is exactly what I've been toying with lately..Savage w/Butter ir. I only boosted the mid to about 2 o'clock ish, and backed the input gain to 4ish, treble 4ish...like yourself, this is getting right into my wheelhouse, punchy, clear and snarly!

Last edited:
This is exactly what I've been toying with lately..Savage w/Butter ir. I only boosted the mid to about 2 o'clock ish, and backed the input gain to 4ish, treble 4ish...like yourself, this is getting right into my wheelhouse, punchy, clear and snarly!
That sounds like a recipe for snarly djentage! I've got to try this. :) Actually I did lot of the demoing using the Citrus and Angle amp sims.

That sounds like a recipe for snarly djentage! I've got to try this. :) Actually I did lot of the demoing using the Citrus and Angle amp sims.

No doubt!!
Purpose isn't Djent genre for me, but at the brink of unbearable volume through my HSM80's it definitely kicks the chest in!

I forgot to mention, I also put the cab at 80/7000hz to tame some boom and shrillness(which is still there a bit) but I think that could be more the nature of the amp model I've read.

Hopefully have some gig ready patches before long!!

The Citrus is more of a mid-range monster. The Angle has this angry snarl to it. I usually turn the presence down just a little and let the Angle natural top end do it's thing. Sounds really mean in a mix for sure. Chugga chugga! ;)

Hey guys! We did a live Twitch stream yesterday where I discuss creating tones and how easy it is nowadays with these IR options. I'm also showing how to create presets with Cab Pack 19 and even go through explaining some tips for djent tones. Have a look guys:

Hey Mikko! Just an update for you. I just made my first mix on CAB-LAB. I used a USA from CP13 and an ANGLE and CITRUS from CP19 and I like it a lot! Its different than what I'm use to with my KRANK IRs, not as scooped. I did a little scooping on the EQ though and its great. THANKS!

Hey Mikko! Just an update for you. I just made my first mix on CAB-LAB. I used a USA from CP13 and an ANGLE and CITRUS from CP19 and I like it a lot! Its different than what I'm use to with my KRANK IRs, not as scooped. I did a little scooping on the EQ though and its great. THANKS!
That's good to hear! :) Angle is a bit more scooped. CP13 has balanced mids.

I just bought this cab pack for myself(Merry Christmas to me) and am loving what i'm hearing. All the cabs are loading fine except for the Misha mixes.I keep getting an error message when i try to load the "Misha Mixes" into Cab-Manage via Axe-Edit. What am I doing wrong? Btw have a Merry Christmas everyone!

I just bought this cab pack for myself(Merry Christmas to me) and am loving what i'm hearing. All the cabs are loading fine except for the Misha mixes.I keep getting an error message when i try to load the "Misha Mixes" into Cab-Manage via Axe-Edit. What am I doing wrong? Btw have a Merry Christmas everyone!
I just got this pack and Cab-Lab. I can't remember about the mixes but some files are raw and need Cab-Lab to load.

Actually now that i think of it the misha mixes i tried to upload to my Xl+ were in fact .syx files under the Fractal folder i believe

Back
Top Bottom