ML Bulb Angle Citrus: The second Misha Mansoor / ML Cab Pack

ML SOUND LAB

Cab Pack Wizard
Vendor
EDIT: This Cab Pack has been released: http://shop.fractalaudio.com/Cab_Pack_19_ML_Bulb_Angle_Citrus_p/fas-801-0019.htm

Q&A feat Misha Mansoor and Mikko from ML Sound Lab:

In and out of a mix demonstration of Misha's mixes from Cab Pack 19:

I'm not sure if you guys noticed this clip by Misha Mansoor demonstrating the new Progressive EZX by Toontrack but if you didn't you should pay attention Axe-Fx users since the guitars were tracked using the new ML Bulb Angle Citrus Cab Pack.

I'm sure anyone tuning in has already heard about Cab Pack 13: ML USA Bulb which was our first collaboration and it has been the most successful Cab Pack I've done yet. I'm not only talking about how many people went and got the pack nor am I talking about the fact that many people agree that these are the best IR's out there. The greatest homage for me personally is that Misha and Mark (Haunted Shores, Periphery) who can literally choose what ever they want to use for their guitar sounds be it digital or analog have chosen to use Cab Pack 13 for their latest Haunted Shores EP.

It might be a tough act to follow but we made sure this new Cab Pack would be bigger, better and more versatile. Although the Haunted Shores EP was already in it's final stages when we finished working on this pack Misha said he was tempted to change the guitar sounds to use these newer IR's since he likes them so much. Our original plan was to have two separate packs: ML Bulb Angle (based on an Engl™ 4x12 Pro® Straight Cabinet with Chinese Celestion™ Vintage 30® speakers) and ML Bulb Citrus (based on an Orange™ PPC412® Straight Cabinet with English Celestion™ Vintage 30® speakers) but then we realized that's just forcing people to make a decision on which one to get. We'd rather bundle them up and lower the price so everyone wins.

This Cab Pack contains a very special Preset-Cab Bundle made by Misha and it's the actual preset he used for creating his mixes so if you use this preset you should be hearing exactly what Misha was hearing when creating the mixes. The pack contains 728 IR's including Misha's mixes in which he also mixed the Angle with the Citrus to combine the flavors:

awesomeness.png

Why Angle and Citrus? Well it's sort of a trip down memory lane. The first Periphery album was recorded using the Gen 1 Metal 4x12 IR which is based on an Engl 4x12. So if you're a fan of that guitar sound you can expect to find a similar character in the ML Bulb Angle portion of the pack. All I can say is that this cabinet is the most metal sounding cabinet I've ever shot. It's got Front Loaded V30 speakers and a metal grill cloth. It simply sounds evil and mean yet is extremely mix friendly and balanced. It definitely has the best Chinese V30 sound I've ever experienced. The chugga chugga pick attack in this cab is just insane.

Also if you're a fan of Misha's you might remember him using an Orange PPC412 cabinet before going full Fractal live. The ML Bulb Citrus is a middle monster! Scoop your amp all you want but you will not lose your cut in a mix. The actual cab is one of those "better"/older Orange cabs and I can admit that I originally rented this cabinet for this session. By the end of this session I bought this cab for myself. It was exactly what I had been looking for. No sizzle at all, fat mids, one of the flattest responses yet and deep lows. This is definitely not just a metal cabinet. This will suit pretty much all genres and it has a unique voice somewhere between Marshall and Mesa. It's almost fuzzy in some ways.

I created this quick demonstration of both of these cabs. That's the Orange first with it's super cutting middle frequencies followed by the Engl with it's evil and mean tonality. Obviously neither characters are over the top. They're very usable for just about any genre just like Cab Pack 13:

Although the emphasis here is on the djent and metal genres both me and Misha want to make sure people understand that there's no such thing as an IR that's tied to a genre. A good IR is a good IR and we're sure everyone with Cab Pack 13 can attest to that. Our approach has stayed exactly the same and we're extremely happy with the results we're getting. :)

This thread is meant to be just like the ML Brit Collection thread so feel free to ask any questions and I'll do my best to answer them. I'll also try and collect all news and information regarding this Cab Pack into this thread so be sure to follow. If you have questions for Misha go ahead and ask them. I'll try and have him drop by although he's busy touring right now.

Last edited:
WARNING: This may crush your brain!

We haven't discussed the Angle cab a whole lot since people are really excited about the Citrus. Let me list the Angle 4x12 specs:

-Same dimensions as Mesa 4x12 Traditional (same cab that Cab Pack 7 is based on)
-Front loaded V30 speakers
-Metal grill to give it that mean growly sizzle on top

I'm usually careful with naming a genre for a pack because it may turn some people away but this cab was built for METAL!

And he is at it again! U wait till I get a job again Mikko! Im gna have so many of your cab packs that I'm probably never going to get round to using lol. Nothing succeeds like excess!

Bought. Plugged them in tonight and these could easily replace my go-to impulses. So much win!

Cab packs 7, 13 and now 19 for the win. These along with a few select Marshall impulses are all the custom impulses in my Axe. You rock Mikko!

Bought. Plugged them in tonight and these could easily replace my go-to impulses. So much win!

Cab packs 7, 13 and now 19 for the win. These along with a few select Marshall impulses are all the custom impulses in my Axe. You rock Mikko!
Thank you for making my day Matt! :) You're an awesome dude.

Back
Top Bottom