ML Brit Collection: The Mothership!

That IR you mentioned was Cliff's mix of the TV cab included in CP20 as a bonus. IIRC he really loved the C speaker.

I would strongly advice to create your own mix from the PR75 single mics. That is IMO the best sounding cab I've ever had the opportunity to work on. Try the Ace folder SM57 IR's to find a speaker that you prefer out of the 4 choices. I like A and B. Then start mixing. If you want it fatter blend in some M160 of the same speaker. If you want more cut then blend the MD421. Darkness = R121 and more middles = E906. You should have enough choices to do what ever you want. :)
Thanks for the answer / tip ! i ll get a try sooon

Just picked this one up tonight... my tired ears tell me it's probably the best set of Vintage Celestion-based 4x12 IR's I have. Great work!

Question: Are the Alloy mixes in any particular order? Maybe in the future do them as a set going from 99% Mic A and 1% Mic B through to 1% Mic A and 99% Mic B so one can choose general tone via position in the set of IRs?

I still have a 1980 1982A with the G12-80's I picked up in back in the early 80'a (I'm somewhat of a geezer now)... that cab is a BEAST! G12H sound on steroids. Glad to see some one else got to these before I buckled down and attempted a set of captures of my own.

Just picked this one up tonight... my tired ears tell me it's probably the best set of Vintage Celestion-based 4x12 IR's I have. Great work!

Question: Are the Alloy mixes in any particular order? Maybe in the future do them as a set going from 99% Mic A and 1% Mic B through to 1% Mic A and 99% Mic B so one can choose general tone via position in the set of IRs?

I still have a 1980 1982A with the G12-80's I picked up in back in the early 80'a (I'm somewhat of a geezer now)... that cab is a BEAST! G12H sound on steroids. Glad to see some one else got to these before I buckled down and attempted a set of captures of my own.
I'm really happy to hear you like the IR's! It was a long project and so far the feedback has been really positive.

The Alloy IR's are all different mic positions. They are approximately 70% of my work load. Finding two mic positions that work well together gives me usually positions I would not shoot separately as single mics. That's why I feel doing the Alloys is essential. :) Usually the first 10 Alloys are the ones I liked the most.

Have fun with the pack and when you use them I'd love to hear it. ;)

I'm working on this! Preferably I'd love to have that preset work for everyone using it rather than having them come here to find it. I used the newer JMPre OD1 and OD2 amp sims with pretty basic settings.
Any news on the "cursed" ML Brit Pre 1 preset-cab bundle?

Hey everybody! I'm doing a Twitch session with @Chris@AxeFxTutorials on the 15th of December. We will be discussing many things but there has been some requests for "how to tame Cab Pack 20 and it's 1775 IR's" so I'll try and go through it as well. I'm sure everyone who got the pack or people interested will want to see that so please mark the 15th of December in your calendars and join the chat and ask any questions.

Check the thread for it here: http://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/join-the-axefxtutorials-ml-sound-lab-twitch-stream.107165/

Hey everybody! I'm doing a Twitch session with @Chris@AxeFxTutorials on the 15th of December. We will be discussing many things but there has been some requests for "how to tame Cab Pack 20 and it's 1775 IR's" so I'll try and go through it as well. I'm sure everyone who got the pack or people interested will want to see that so please mark the 15th of December in your calendars and join the chat and ask any questions.

Check the thread for it here: http://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/join-the-axefxtutorials-ml-sound-lab-twitch-stream.107165/
Self-quote!

I just want to remind you guys to ask the more complicated questions beforehand in here so I can prepare all the answers. :)

Is there anything about this pack that you want me to demonstrate/teach? :)

Meanwhile take a listen to Shaun's awesome PR75 demonstration:
http://forum.fractalaudio.com/threa...rit-800-brit-800-mod-with-cab-pack-20.107438/

Yes, I've been sorting the G12H trying to find the best combination for vintage Jimmy Page tone. I've got the amp ready (1959SLP with KT88's even found his actual amp settings online) just need to find the perfect IR match as well as low res settings on the speaker page. So any help/suggestions are greatly appreciated! So far I've been using ML Brit HW MD421 D2

Yes, I've been sorting the G12H trying to find the best combination for vintage Jimmy Page tone. I've got the amp ready (1959SLP with KT88's even found his actual amp settings online) just need to find the perfect IR match as well as low res settings on the speaker page. So any help/suggestions are greatly appreciated! So far I've been using ML Brit HW MD421 D2
Actually I did a quick analysis of the isolated tracks for "Whole Lotta Love" and I would suggest Pre-Rola SM57 IR's for achieving that sound. The PR55 SM57 A1, B1 and C1 had many similarities to Jimmy Page's tone. If the PR55 EQ balance feels off try the PR75 SM57 C1. I also tried the HW cab and I think you're on the right track. I tried blending the same speaker SM57 option (D1) with the IR you had been using and I think it got even closer.

Give it a shot and let me know if my suggestions worked for you. :) Tone wise I think the PR55 would probably be closest since Jimmy's tone is almost completely clean yet it has lots of low end roar to it.

Actually I did a quick analysis of the isolated tracks for "Whole Lotta Love" and I would suggest Pre-Rola SM57 IR's for achieving that sound. The PR55 SM57 A1, B1 and C1 had many similarities to Jimmy Page's tone. If the PR55 EQ balance feels off try the PR75 SM57 C1. I also tried the HW cab and I think you're on the right track. I tried blending the same speaker SM57 option (D1) with the IR you had been using and I think it got even closer.

Give it a shot and let me know if my suggestions worked for you. :) Tone wise I think the PR55 would probably be closest since Jimmy's tone is almost completely clean yet it has lots of low end roar to it.
Mikko, thx so much brother! I had some experimenting time this morning on a fresh set of ears so let me cut to the chase...

Option 1: Brit HW MD412 D1 + Brit HW SM57 D1
Option 2: Brit HW MD421 D2 + Brit PR55 SM57 C1

I wanted to stay as accurate as possible (using G12H's w/ 55Hz cones) but that PR55 57 C1 has a nice edge when added with the G12H 421 D2. The IR's mentioned above also have a great feel.

It's tricky with Page as he used so many different guitars and amps so finding the most universal is quite a challenge. I'm finding I almost need to dial in a setup for each song (especially the effects). Live, people won't know the difference but subliminally I hope they think wow, sounds just like the song.

The Super Reverb (and Bender Fuzz) in the Axe works well for a lot of the catalog too, The Supro not so much. FWIW, it's key to have the bridge pup volume on 8.5-9, not on 10.

Great work on this cab-pack, it will literally take a lifetime to explore!

I just discovered that a mix of some of these Brit IRs with some of the Citrus IRs from Cab Pack 19 =
OMNOMNOMNOM!!! :mad:

Translation - rich chewy goodness!!

I just discovered that a mix of some of these Brit IRs with some of the Citrus IRs from Cab Pack 19 =
OMNOMNOMNOM!!! :mad:

Translation - rich chewy goodness!!
Oh yes! Hadn't even thought about that yet. Citrus has a lot of mids so maybe a more hollow cab like the HW might compliment it real nice. Although I'm having wet dreams of mixing Citrus with PR75 right about now. ;)

Oh yes! Hadn't even thought about that yet. Citrus has a lot of mids so maybe a more hollow cab like the HW might compliment it real nice. Although I'm having wet dreams of mixing Citrus with PR75 right about now. ;)

That's exactly what I've got! I made an equal mix of the Citrus Butter mix and the HW E906-MD421 05 Alloy and it sounds sooooo good!

Back
Top Bottom