ML Brit Collection: The Mothership!

That's good to hear. Obviously this also makes me wonder about the monitors you use at rehearsals. They sound scooped if you need "too much" high and low cut.

Funny you should mention that.... I was using a pair of Yamaha dxr speakers which come pretty highly regarded. I tested them out last week to see if they were at least reasonably flat and they weren't anywhere near. I flattened them out by running some pink noise through them and things sounded much better.

So.... I wanted to go down the Atomic CLR route for a long time but there was nowhere to get them in the UK. One of the big stores here started stocking them a few weeks ago so I picked a pair up. They arrived Saturday evening and the new band had our first full rehearsal with them on the Sunday morning. I didn't have time to tweak my presets but I removed my global eq and went back to some stock cabs I know quite well just to be in the safe side (mainly one of the TV stock cabs). I turned up at rehearsal and the only thing I did was add a high and low cut and everything just sounded amazing, I was totally blown away by my tone onstage. I copied out 1 to 2 and ran that to the desk, took out a little extra lowend on the desk just to keep the kick and bass punchy and everything just fell into place, that was it, no other tweaks required from what I heard on the CLR on stage. It's also the first time I've fired up quantum on out big pa, the tones and detail were just outstanding. I ended up using the new fas hotrod for 90% of the rehearsal, it has bark, bite and body, gain was down low as it's a bit wild, but it just sounded amazing!! Never in a million year could I have got a time like that by miking a cab on stage.

I won't be touching anything before the gig on Friday (our first) but I'm just blown away with the AxeFx / CLR combo and i have more confidence to change cabs knowing that I'm not going to get a nasty shock when I get to rehearsal. What I heard at home was what I got on stage.

I'll be investing some quality time over the coming months starting from scratch with all my presets and this cab pack (and your others!) will be heavily involved.

Thanks for investing the time and energy these IR packs are truely epic!

Sorry, went a bit off topic there but I had to post somewhere!!! :)

No worries. I'm glad if I can help and hopefully this also helps other people with similar problems. This is exactly the reason you need your monitors as flat as possible. :)

Hey there everyone! Seems like word of this pack has travelled well. I want to thank you guys for being awesome. :) Cliff just posted something I'm sure you're all interested to hear:

ML Brit.

I use ML Brit PR55 SM57-R121 01 on everything right now. It's balanced and clear and lets the tone of the amp through.

Also Matt deserves a lot of credit for the cover work and all the hidden clues. Did anyone deep analyze this yet? :)

FAS-801-0020-2.jpg

I'm thinking I'm going to buy cab pack 20. On the fractal purchase page there is no mention of the presets or cab pack 8 included. Are these still included or did I miss the boat?

Got em loaded. Dang these sound good. I'm going to actually give frfr a chance at practice now. I could never get it sounded as good as my real cab with the stock ir's

the brit 80 and PR55 might have just sold me.

My band is kind of a weird mix of punk rock, jam band, and Prog rock.. I say if Queens of the Stone age, Propagandhi, and Umphrey's Mcgee had a baby, it would sound like us...
I usually play a div13 just at breakup, and an AC20 12ax7 T/orB (depending on the room) with a TS before it for my ROCK tones...(or sometimes the new dweezil amp that just got added, and maybe a fuzz for the songs that are a little more gnarly) These sound like they have a really tight low end that I can actually keep in instead of cutting out because its just too much on some other cabs.. Plus the midrange on these are exactly what I strive for. Out of the 3 cab packs I bought I still only really use about 5 cabs that sound good with everything, it's MY sound, I like that I can finally say that.. The axe taught me so much about speakers.... how G12 speakers are Super pleasant to my ears, and how I HATE the sound of a vintage 30.. I don't know why, maybe it's cause they sound so scooped.. I don't play metal, my tone is very midrangey with some ~100ish-hz ass kick thrown in.. The Suhr pack has been my Jam lately, I love the 65 speaker, and the MAR66 from OH, all their G12's with a 57 on em.. I sorta like the Shiva's but not quite as much, The Bludo's and dumbles.. i couldnt find one that didnt sound like total garbage for my setup, strange.. I honestly don't know that world of guitar tone... and wouldn't know where to begin on how it's supposed to sound. I just wanted the Shiva cabs! (the two stones work nice sometimes too).

In a nutshell... this is looking like it's gonna be my new goto cab pack that I find 3 or 4 cabs, and use nothing but those for ever and ever, amen.
Sorry for the rant.. Cup of coffee and the morning adderall.. I could go on forever, but I will spare you. I'll find another board to write a novel on ;)

P.S. - Hoping you do a port city cab one of these days. They are ported for that real tight extra bass, so it'd be interesting to hear how you captured them. THANKS ML

Got em loaded. Dang these sound good. I'm going to actually give frfr a chance at practice now. I could never get it sounded as good as my real cab with the stock ir's
That's so good to hear and that's what we aim for. :) Still to this date I find myself using the PR75, HW and TV cabs for pretty much all my Marshall needs.

My band is kind of a weird mix of punk rock, jam band, and Prog rock.. I say if Queens of the Stone age, Propagandhi, and Umphrey's Mcgee had a baby, it would sound like us...
I usually play a div13 just at breakup, and an AC20 12ax7 T/orB (depending on the room) with a TS before it for my ROCK tones...(or sometimes the new dweezil amp that just got added, and maybe a fuzz for the songs that are a little more gnarly) These sound like they have a really tight low end that I can actually keep in instead of cutting out because its just too much on some other cabs.. Plus the midrange on these are exactly what I strive for. Out of the 3 cab packs I bought I still only really use about 5 cabs that sound good with everything, it's MY sound, I like that I can finally say that.. The axe taught me so much about speakers.... how G12 speakers are Super pleasant to my ears, and how I HATE the sound of a vintage 30.. I don't know why, maybe it's cause they sound so scooped.. I don't play metal, my tone is very midrangey with some ~100ish-hz ass kick thrown in.. The Suhr pack has been my Jam lately, I love the 65 speaker, and the MAR66 from OH, all their G12's with a 57 on em.. I sorta like the Shiva's but not quite as much, The Bludo's and dumbles.. i couldnt find one that didnt sound like total garbage for my setup, strange.. I honestly don't know that world of guitar tone... and wouldn't know where to begin on how it's supposed to sound. I just wanted the Shiva cabs! (the two stones work nice sometimes too).

In a nutshell... this is looking like it's gonna be my new goto cab pack that I find 3 or 4 cabs, and use nothing but those for ever and ever, amen.
Sorry for the rant.. Cup of coffee and the morning adderall.. I could go on forever, but I will spare you. I'll find another board to write a novel on ;)

P.S. - Hoping you do a port city cab one of these days. They are ported for that real tight extra bass, so it'd be interesting to hear how you captured them. THANKS ML
So much of all this guitar gear talk is spread through word of mouth. Some guy told another guy who told another guy who told my friend that this piece of gear is the best thing out there. The fact is that it's rare to find guitar players who have really tried enough different speakers and know their strengths and weaknesses. The IR world definitely makes it a lot easier to explore what's out there and I'm happy when people go for their own sound like you do. Even I myself tend to go for the cabs, mics, pres etc. that people told me about on the internet etc. but there are definitely some happy accidents out there. The Brit HW cab being one of them with the proper English G12H30 speakers. It handles drive so well that it can even work for all out metal when needed. :)

I just finished auditioning all the Ace Ir's in pack 20 at HIGH VOLUME!!! I ended up with the HW cab with the sm57-M421 mic combos as my favorite. Great sounding IR. I'm really geeking out on this stuff and I'm probably going to get cab lab before too long.

I just finished auditioning all the Ace Ir's in pack 20 at HIGH VOLUME!!! I ended up with the HW cab with the sm57-M421 mic combos as my favorite. Great sounding IR. I'm really geeking out on this stuff and I'm probably going to get cab lab before too long.
Personally I don't know if I could survive without Cab-Lab 3 at this point. :)

The SM57-MD421 mic combo is awesome because it's probably the brightest and most usable out of all blended mic ups. Lots of my favorite IR's are also SM57-MD421 IR's. :) High volume is the way to go buddy!

The Bludo 5 mics IR is one I like, there's like 3 Bludo's I really like, especially if ya use them in a stereo UltraRes mixing 2 of em.

You really might like the Zilla pack, I have CP20 & there are a lot of fantastic IR's in there, I think you'd really like the Zilla too & they sound great mixing them in with other Cab packs.. They play very nicely with each other & with other CP's!
:)

Back
Top Bottom