ML Brit Collection: The Mothership!

Anyone have Cab Pack 8 (Brit 4x12 TV) and this new one? I'd like to hear your opinion on the difference or similarities of these two Cab Packs.

Thank you in advance.
Cab Pack 8 is included in Cab Pack 20 as a bonus. Modern "Brit" cabs like TV and HW are brighter while the PR (Pre-Rola) cabs have way more depth to them. 80s is kind of inbetween and unique. Although they all have "kerrang" to them it's different. I mainly use the PR75 for crunch tones. Check Wallimann's video comparing TV and PR75. That's very obvious.

Well, for me it's a noticeable difference between Cab Pack 8 and Cab Pack 20 - I love at the moment Cab Pack 20 - but you never know - I'm always open for new things. I had so many amps and guitars in my live and that's the good thing about the Axe - when I get fed up with one sound I can pick another one untill I fall out of love :D

Well, for me it's a noticeable difference between Cab Pack 8 and Cab Pack 20 - I love at the moment Cab Pack 20 - but you never know - I'm always open for new things. I had so many amps and guitars in my live and that's the good thing about the Axe - when I get fed up with one sound I can pick another one untill I fall out of love :D
Those are very wise words. The strength in owning an Axe-Fx is that you don't have to stick to just one thing. Even in the case of this Cab Pack 20, I never saw it as a quick collection. It literally gives you a new IR every day for 5 years. If on one day you prefer a specific IR I bet the next day you'll feel differently. Maybe you have a different guitar, different amp sim, different volume level or differently fatigued ears. I've narrowed it down to this:

PR55 = holy grail Jimi tones with tons of character

PR75 = the safest cab to use in a mix with forward mids and a balanced tone. JUICY! my personal favorite. ;)

80s = character knob on full. I would use this in a pop mix which has "guitar ad libs". sounds old!

HW = AC/DC. almost an ac30 type high end with a 1khz scoop and a 4x12 depth to it. best Brit cab for high gain.

TV = the modern greenback. sounds nothing like the PR greenbacks. sounds really good though and many pro artists/a-listers have used these. a lot brighter than the PRs and a completely different character.

As this week I have no homestudio nor rehearsel room session I did a little recording snippnet with Brit Pre with Shaun's ir choice Cab Pack 20. The amp is default settings as I don't have an Axe FX XL and as I have never used that amp bevor it soundet good for me for rhythm. The lead is done with Rocco's preset for EDVH "Unchained" and I used the ir choice of Rocco from the Casb Pack 20.

I never used both amps before and I don't know if the lead sounds to sharp with my `59 Relic Les Paul - it's unusual for my ears -what do you think?

Edit: Brit Pre Preset http://axechange.fractalaudio.com/detail.php?preset=3842
Rocco's EDVH preset for the Axe FX II The Brit Brown: http://axechange.fractalaudio.com/detail.php?preset=3843

Last edited:
Those are very wise words. The strength in owning an Axe-Fx is that you don't have to stick to just one thing. Even in the case of this Cab Pack 20, I never saw it as a quick collection. It literally gives you a new IR every day for 5 years. If on one day you prefer a specific IR I bet the next day you'll feel differently. Maybe you have a different guitar, different amp sim, different volume level or differently fatigued ears. I've narrowed it down to this:

PR75 = the safest cab to use in a mix with forward mids and a balanced tone. JUICY! my personal favorite. ;)

80s = character knob on full. I would use this in a pop mix which has "guitar ad libs". sounds old!

HW = AC/DC. almost an ac30 type high end with a 1khz scoop and a 4x12 depth to it. best Brit cab for high gain.

TV = the modern greenback. sounds nothing like the PR greenbacks. sounds really good though and many pro artists/a-listers have used these. a lot brighter than the PRs and a completely different character.
Why aren't Cab pack 19 and 20 showing up on the Fractal website with the other IR's?
I know you have the links here but if you click the cab packs at the bottom of the main Fractal page it only shows through pack 18. Just thought you might want to know so it could be added. You might just sell a few more!

Last edited:
Why aren't Cab pack 19 and 20 showing up on the Fractal website with the other IR's?
I know you have the links here but if you click the cab packs at the bottom of the main Fractal page it only shows through pack 18. Just thought you might want to know so it could be added. You might just sell a few more!
It's weird but you can find them if you go to the shop and then choose cab packs there.

Would it be possible to let me / us know which Brit Pre amp sim you've chosen for this preset bundle and what the settings are?
I'm working on this! Preferably I'd love to have that preset work for everyone using it rather than having them come here to find it. I used the newer JMPre OD1 and OD2 amp sims with pretty basic settings.

As this week I have no homestudio nor rehearsel room session I did a little recording snippnet with Brit Pre with Shaun's ir choice Cab Pack 20. The amp is default settings as I don't have an Axe FX XL and as I have never used that amp bevor it soundet good for me for rhythm. The lead is done with Rocco's preset for EDVH "Unchained" and I used the ir choice of Rocco from the Casb Pack 20.

I never used both amps before and I don't know if the lead sounds to sharp with my `59 Relic Les Paul - it's unusual for my ears -what do you think?

Edit: Brit Pre Preset http://axechange.fractalaudio.com/detail.php?preset=3842
Rocco's EDVH preset for the Axe FX II The Brit Brown: http://axechange.fractalaudio.com/detail.php?preset=3843

Definitely more gain than what you usually have but I really like it. Especially the lead works great for you man. I love seeing people bounce ideas off of each other. You guys rock!

Thank you for letting me know! :)

So I open my email to delete the trash that's filling out my inbox all the time but then I see this:

cliffy.jpg

I guess this ML Brit Collection is turning out to be a game changer. :eek:

I concur... this is the pack I've been waiting for, Great job Mikko!

Cab Pack 8 is included in Cab Pack 20 as a bonus. Modern "Brit" cabs like TV and HW are brighter while the PR (Pre-Rola) cabs have way more depth to them. 80s is kind of inbetween and unique. Although they all have "kerrang" to them it's different. I mainly use the PR75 for crunch tones. Check Wallimann's video comparing TV and PR75. That's very obvious.

Thank you much. I'll definitely start saving my pennies.:D

Hi , what would be your advice to replace the "F059 4X12 TV Mix (ML)" I use it in many patch but time to switch with cab pack 20 (i bought)
Thanks !

Hi , what would be your advice to replace the "F059 4X12 TV Mix (ML)" I use it in many patch but time to switch with cab pack 20 (i bought)
Thanks !
That IR you mentioned was Cliff's mix of the TV cab included in CP20 as a bonus. IIRC he really loved the C speaker.

I would strongly advice to create your own mix from the PR75 single mics. That is IMO the best sounding cab I've ever had the opportunity to work on. Try the Ace folder SM57 IR's to find a speaker that you prefer out of the 4 choices. I like A and B. Then start mixing. If you want it fatter blend in some M160 of the same speaker. If you want more cut then blend the MD421. Darkness = R121 and more middles = E906. You should have enough choices to do what ever you want. :)

Back
Top Bottom