MKII version question?

Yes. It's still a standard RJ-45 jack, with or without the locking feature.

the ethercon port, which is on the axe mark ii or the mfc mark ii, can accept either an ethercon cable, or a standard cat5 cable.

an ethercon cable, which has the XLR-style housing around the RJ45 connector, is not compatible with the first generation axe or mfc.

Wonderful. Thank you for the replies.

And am I correct that only difference between Mark I and Mark II is the connector port?

Is the Mark II a big improvement/necessary? I could see myself tripping over the cable (lol).

Wonderful. Thank you for the replies.

And am I correct that only difference between Mark I and Mark II is the connector port?

Is the Mark II a big improvement/necessary? I could see myself tripping over the cable (lol).

Yep. The only difference.

Nothing a little duct tape on the floor won't fix. After all, if you can't fix it with duct tape, it ain't worth fixin'. ;)

Another difference is the vent holes in the side of the MKII

I'm using a MKI axe with a MKII MCF and got a cable that is Etherconn on one end, normal jack on the other. I think its the best of both worlds as I have the rugged connection into the MFC, which is what gets stepped on, and then run to a male/male RJ45 connector, which then runs into the Axe, reason being such someone trip over the cable, that little plastic tab is going to break away before it would pull my rack case off the table etc.

With Etherconn on both ends, that cable isn't pulling out, so if someone ran across the stage and tripped on the cable, its either pulling my board, or my Axe across the stage, which would be bad news .

Wonderful information. Really enjoying the Fractal Forum. A little less angst than TGP can have (I think maybe Axe FX owners have it figured out. Everyone else is tone chasing.)

Back
Top Bottom