MkII controller and XL+?

Danny Danzi

Power User
Will this work with an XL+? I got a friend that can pick one up for about $300. But we're not sure if it will work with an XL+. Does anyone know? Thanks.

The Mark I and II units don't have the ability to move the preset switches to a different starting point (like the second row or whatever?) Only the Mark III units have that ability.

The Mark I and II units don't have the ability to move the preset switches to a different starting point (like the second row or whatever?) Only the Mark III units have that ability.

Sure they do, just takes a Philips head screwdriver and about 90 seconds to swap the ribbon cables around, after which your first row of buttons can be scenes 1-5

Reactions: yek
Can a 7 pin midi cable be used instead of the Ethercon cable and can the 7 pin Midi cable do everything the Faslink cable can do?

Not exactly true. Both FASLink and EtherCon connections provide phantom power directly. With the midi cable you must plug in a power supply to the phantom power jack on the Axe Fx.
Thank you, I was trying to decide if Ethercon or 7 pin Midi is the better way to connect the MFC 101 Mark II to my XL+.

Thank you, I was trying to decide if Ethercon or 7 pin Midi is the better way to connect the MFC 101 Mark II to my XL+.
Well, keep in mind that there have been numerous people here that had challenges getting consistent behavior with phantom power and midi. Some cables just seem to not work correctly.

With that said, I used midi and phantom power for quite a while with no issues until I switched over to FASLink + adapter, which is what I recommend if you use an Axe Fx mkII.

Back
Top Bottom