MK1 & MK2 owners: How many FW upgrades have U done?

I only got it last year in September (came with fw19), since then it's been more or less every Q update and even in that short window it feels like a brand new unit. Very grateful

I might have missed a few minor releases. But in general, all of them since I got it at like v7. Ultra before that.
Updating and watching/listening to the Axe-Fx improve has been a fun ride and I thank FAS very much for taking care of me for this long.
I'd love for it to continue, but it sounds awesome now...best guitar purchase ever.

All of them since I bought the mk2 unit. Talk about bad timing, the XL released 3 months after I bought my unit.

I have one of the original MK 1s. Only done about 5 upgrades, FW 2, 6, 14, Q1 and Q2. I've used the unit for nearly 200 shows, and it's sounded great since early on, so I don't usually feel the need, but I've jumped on some of the more popular FWs so as not to fall way behind the times.

Last edited:
I have purchased my Mark II with FW 17.0 (if I remember well).

I have made all regular FW update (no beta), and never installed an older FW version after upgrading

I've kept every firmware update file on my computer since I've had my Axe2, starting with FW 6.02.

The number of files I currently have are 101, though I know there where a handful of times when I downloaded a beta release file on my computer, but never got around to loading it to the Axe2.

So my guess would be 95ish :)

I got one of the last of the clearance MkIIs, right before the release of... FW19 I think? And I think I've really only installed the major revisions since then, none of the betas. Especially with having moved this summer, I've barely even gotten to turn on my AFX and mostly just noodle unplugged for a few minutes at a time. I think I skipped Q3 and went straight to Q4.

But I'm just a home musician who decided to splurge on something nice and am in the camp of people who have been happy with it every step and won't feel particularly slighted by ceasing updates. (Well, unless a model of one of my actual amps shows up, since I don't get to turn them up loud enough to make them sound good anymore...and I don't think anybody else is going to clamor for a model of a 15W solid state combo amp ;))

Deleted all my old ultra stuff, but on Axe2 since 2.0. so 98 total give or take, might have missed a beta once in a while.

Got my MK1 with FW5 loaded - have updated 114 times since then according to my archive of FW files

Done all since FW9.0 including betas. I'm very glad that Q4.01b has been tailored to my MkII.

The release that I can't trial on it will leave me not knowing what (if anything) I'll be missing by not upgrading to an XL+:(

Back
Top Bottom