Mk1 FW:17 preset increased CPU usage

Grievous66

Inspired
After updating my MK1 to FW17, my live/rehearsal preset is using more CPU
Can be because new IR player?
Or?
Before the update, the preset was around 78 max 80%
1632867703819.png

Sorry for delay..I was downgrading to 16.05 and the preset was somehow replaced with one I had before on that slot some time ago, so I remake it again...anyway. After I make it again in 16.05, I save it, and then upgrade to 17 and saved the upgraded version also. Both versions attached. In FW17, CPU is between 82 to 85, with warning mgs appearing from time to time. I'm just afraid that the unit will lag during performance, and no one wants that. I know that this can be somehow fixed by reducing the IR length in cab block from max to lets say 1024, and the CPU usage will stabilize around 80% without the warning message, but that's beside the point...There is definitely an increase of CPU usage after upgrade.
Thanks

Attachments

• 400_BBL-16.05.syx
    48.2 KB · Views: 8
  • 400_BBL-17.00.syx
    48.2 KB · Views: 5
I know it’s not an answer but if you can reduce the number of shunts you can reduce CPU. If row 4 (input 2) is always that “empty” just put In 2 directly near the end without all those shunts.

Firmware 17 is a disaster! Every time you turn the axe unit on it re-reads all the cabs and such like you are doing a refresh. Also, the cpu usage is off the scale on some presets now - full for no reason. Anyhow, must simply be a lemon firmware, it happens on occasion

Firmware 17 is a disaster! Every time you turn the axe unit on it re-reads all the cabs and such like you are doing a refresh. Also, the cpu usage is off the scale on some presets now - full for no reason. Anyhow, must simply be a lemon firmware, it happens on occasion
I don't see it re-reading the cabs, only re-reading the presets in Axe III Edit, however, the preset re-reading seems to have slowed down quite a bit.

I don't see it re-reading the cabs, only re-reading the presets in Axe III Edit, however, the preset re-reading seems to have slowed down quite a bit.
yeah presets, and wow, its like its now got a 1987 dsp in it. lol wonder why a new turbo axe fx 3 was released. did they know something we didnt? firmware 17 sucks the ass out of of the dsp maybe?

yeah presets, and wow, its like its now got a 1987 dsp in it. lol wonder why a new turbo axe fx 3 was released. did they know something we didnt? firmware 17 sucks the ass out of of the dsp maybe?
giphy.gif

I see a rise in CPU load as well.
Please find an example Preset with moderate CPU load attached.

On FW 16.5 it shows a - relatively constant - CPU load ~ 58,5 %.

On FW 17 it shows a varying CPU load ~ 60,5 % .... 64 %.

Attachments

• Nuclear Tone.syx
    48.2 KB · Views: 3
I noticed this as well, in particular on the drive block where the King of Tone is selected.

Back
Top Bottom