AFIII MixoLogical by chrisAngela

ChrisAngela1

Inspired
I've taken of Cooper Carter's Fractal Masterclasses for the Axe III and FM3, an excellent dive into the seemingly infinite details of these awesome devices. One of his presets he passes along while taking the course is the "Elusive EoB", defining the Edge of Breakup with a Fender Deluxe Jumped Tweed. A nice balance between clean and distortion, and very sensitive to pick attack. I used this preset with the Strandberg Boden Metal (Fishman Fluence Moderns), with pretty much a dry signal initially, flavored with a bit of post mixing reverb. Cheers

I've taken of Cooper Carter's Fractal Masterclasses for the Axe III and FM3, an excellent dive into the seemingly infinite details of these awesome devices. One of his presets he passes along while taking the course is the "Elusive EoB", defining the Edge of Breakup with a Fender Deluxe Jumped Tweed. A nice balance between clean and distortion, and very sensitive to pick attack. I used this preset with the Strandberg Boden Metal (Fishman Fluence Moderns), with pretty much a dry signal initially, flavored with a bit of post mixing reverb. Cheers

Fantastic work. I hope you don’t take this the wrong way, but the stuff I listened to sounds like movie soundtracks. Meaning I see a movie when I listen to your grooves. I mean music, IMHO, makes or breaks movies.

Fantastic work. I hope you don’t take this the wrong way, but the stuff I listened to sounds like movie soundtracks. Meaning I see a movie when I listen to your grooves. I mean music, IMHO, makes or breaks movies.
Not taken wrong at all! My friend who has a music studio in town and who helped me get off the ground with Ableton has said the exact same thing when I send him projects to review! That's really funny, apparently I've stumbled across my genre inadvertently...I always did love a movie more for it's soundtrack and songs then the actual movie, lol:) Thanks for the comment!

Really digging the sound, style and flavor of your playing, Chris! At moments, to my ears, it takes me back to some of my favorite guitar sounds of bands like The Fixx, hints of Andy Summers, and yet modern sounding at the same time. Great creation!

Really digging the sound, style and flavor of your playing, Chris! At moments, to my ears, it takes me back to some of my favorite guitar sounds of bands like The Fixx, hints of Andy Summers, and yet modern sounding at the same time. Great creation!
Yay, glad you like, thank you! And as Andy Summers is one of my favorite guitar players (The Police in general a favorite band from that era), I must be getting something right! I have also always loved the chorus-reverb sound of The Fixx, a gold standard IMHO for that! Cheers

Back
Top Bottom