Mixing cabs to reduce CPU

Luke

I've begun the process of bringing my III presets over and have run into CPU overload issues.

On the III, where I have plenty of CPU, I have always run two cabs in an inefficient form.

Cab 1 is my main cabinet with the very old V30 (Axe-II) with dyn 112 microphone.

Cab 2 has two room IRs from way back when.

Resulting in a total of three IRs used, the FM9 only supports two per block.

If I remove Cab 2 from the FM9 I get back to around 78% CPU, but I can't have the three IRs I want at present.

I am thinking of trying to mix the room IRs into a single IR, then have them be IR #2 in Cab 1 Block.

I assume, Cab Lab 3 is the best way to accomplish this?

In the end, I'd have only Cab 1 required.

IR 1 would be the V30 w/ DYN112
IR 2 would be the blend of the two room IRs.

Thank you in advance for your thoughts.

Cab-Lab 4 is just around the corner. If you have your IRs, I'd be happy to mix them for you while I'm beta testing it. Send a private message with the files and instructions. (Or just send a preset/cab bundle of your Axe-Fx iii preset.)

Cab-Lab 4 is just around the corner. If you have your IRs, I'd be happy to mix them for you while I'm beta testing it. Send a private message with the files and instructions. (Or just send a preset/cab bundle of your Axe-Fx iii preset.)
Very awesome of you to offer to do this, @Admin M@.

When I get home this afternoon I will send over, thank you.

Back
Top Bottom