Mixing & Auditioning Cab IRs?

NJBengals85

Inspired
I use to have no problems doing this with AOM-Dsp but whenever i mix and hit the audition button I get an error. What is the best/quickest way to mix/audition cabs or is the only option to load them one at a time through axe-edit. Thanks.

Audition no longer works but if you type in a number for the user slot you want to send it to and send the cab to that slot using the other button I think it still works, but only in the first 50 user slots. I don't remember what the button is labeled... maybe upload or something like that? It worked in 10... don't think it changed with you 10.02.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Forum Runner

I found one tip, you can download the plugin Poulin_LeCab2, open it in your favorite DAW (Cubase for me) record a sample with the AxeFX (Cab disabled) and you can auditioning and mixing IRs in LeCab2.
Easy and fast, it take just the .Wav, not the .Syx, but you can convert with Axe-O-MaticDSP ;)

Another solution as a stand alone software instead of a plugin is iPRODUCTIONSAUDIO's IR-Lab. It's not for free.

Audition no longer works but if you type in a number for the user slot you want to send it to and send the cab to that slot using the other button I think it still works, but only in the first 50 user slots. I don't remember what the button is labeled... maybe upload or something like that? It worked in 10... don't think it changed with you 10.02.

Where do you type in a number? I couldn't figure that part out. In AOM-Dsp? I do have LeCab in logic, that is what I use to use prior to owning the axe with a guitar plugin but it seems kind of a pain to have to record and then play back but then again, that might be quicker than loading 1 cab at a time. Thanks for the ideas.

Not at my computer so I'm going from memory, but I think there is an option when you tick the box next to the upload box that lets you choose which slot to send the cab to. I'll try to remember to load it up tonight and give you a more accurate description of what you need to do.

OK, I remembered to look at it. Tick the radio button next to "Download to user slot" and next to that is where you type in the number for which slot to download to. It has to be one of the first 50 user slots as this is what the Axe-FX II had when AOM DSP was developed. When you tick that little box for "Download to user slot" the button changes from "Audition" to "Download". This still worked for me as of FW 10.0, but I haven't done any of this since installing 10.02.

OK, I remembered to look at it. Tick the radio button next to "Download to user slot" and next to that is where you type in the number for which slot to download to. It has to be one of the first 50 user slots as this is what the Axe-FX II had when AOM DSP was developed. When you tick that little box for "Download to user slot" the button changes from "Audition" to "Download". This still worked for me as of FW 10.0, but I haven't done any of this since installing 10.02.

Thanks for the help. This seems like the easiest way to do it.

is there any way to audition from a file in axe manage, I used to hit right click audition or use in current source?

is there any way to audition from a file in axe manage, I used to hit right click audition or use in current source?

I tried last night and the first try worked but any subsequent attempt sent me to IR 2 (I think 1x8) and nothing further worked without relaunching AE.

Back
Top Bottom