Mixing Advice - Snare Drum Saturation

justinjcm900

Inspired
Hey guys,

For anyone looking for mixing advice, i've just uploaded a post on my blog Daws Open at 7 on snare drum saturation.

Snare Drum Saturation

Please check it out if you have a few minutes to read!

If there are any subjects or questions you would like covering, please let me know!

Thanks

Justin

Thank you Justin! I really appreciate what you are doing with this. Reading over your blog since you first started posting it has helped me understand things so much better and has helped me get better at doing recordings and mixing/mastering. My only drawback is not enough time to do it regularly (lucky if I get 2 hours a month to even play lately).

Thank you Justin! I really appreciate what you are doing with this. Reading over your blog since you first started posting it has helped me understand things so much better and has helped me get better at doing recordings and mixing/mastering. My only drawback is not enough time to do it regularly (lucky if I get 2 hours a month to even play lately).

Chris,

Thank you for this comment!

I'm really pleased that you are getting something from reading my posts and better still that you are able to apply what you are learning!

Sorry to hear that you're not having a lot of time to do it regularly or even play, but i hope you are making the most of it in the time that you do get!

If you have any questions or anything, please let me know because i am very keen to keep helping people like yourself.

Thanks again.

Justin

Hi,
I just discovered your blog. I'm gonna dig into it later, but you already deserve applause for using text to deliver your knowledge.

Today a lot of people uses videos, but I still think that text is great to deliver educational content.

Hi,
I just discovered your blog. I'm gonna dig into it later, but you already deserve applause for using text to deliver your knowledge.

Today a lot of people uses videos, but I still think that text is great to deliver educational content.

Thank you for this comment!

Yeah there's a tonne of great educational video content out there, but for me I just think it's cool to have something written down or a prompt sheet when you're working because I find that people apply it to their own work in their own way rather than just copying the settings shown in a video....Just my opinion.

I hope you enjoy the content!

Justin

You're welcome!

Thanks for reading!

Justin

I read it gladly. And since you're offering us to pose you any questions, could you maybe explain how do you normally handle the spacial aspect of a mix? Do you use reverb to place some instrument, drums for example, a bit behind? Any pre-delays or so? Or do you apply some delay tricks?

How do you treat your instruments except for the stereo field? Sorry if it's already been covered, please just give me a link if there is any.

Thank you again.

I read it gladly. And since you're offering us to pose you any questions, could you maybe explain how do you normally handle the spacial aspect of a mix? Do you use reverb to place some instrument, drums for example, a bit behind? Any pre-delays or so? Or do you apply some delay tricks?

How do you treat your instruments except for the stereo field? Sorry if it's already been covered, please just give me a link if there is any.

Thank you again.

Thanks for your response, I'm glad you enjoyed reading it!

That's a great question and it's not something I've directly covered, so with that said, I will make it this week's topic. I will upload a link on here on Sunday and you can check it out then.

Is that ok?

Thanks again!

Justin

Thanks for your response, I'm glad you enjoyed reading it!

That's a great question and it's not something I've directly covered, so with that said, I will make it this week's topic. I will upload a link on here on Sunday and you can check it out then.

Is that ok?

Thanks again!

Justin

Oh, wow! Thank you so much.

Ivo

Hey,

As promised, here is the post on The Spacial Aspect of Mixing.

I hope this answers on your question!

Enjoy and please let me know if you have any feedback or any other questions!

Thanks!

Justin

Hi Justin!

Many thanks for covering this topic.

I'm glad to see that I'm on the right path, I'm using more or less the same effects. I think though, that I could use maybe more of these mentioned EQ techniques. It makes sense to start with the basics before moving to reverb or delay. Those later are also handy not only for tricking the brain but to spice up the things a little bit more at the same time. Now you've got me thinking that the EQ might need a touch before moving on to the further.

I'm going to read it tomorrow again. Thank you, cheers.

Hi Justin!

Many thanks for covering this topic.

I'm glad to see that I'm on the right path, I'm using more or less the same effects. I think though, that I could use maybe more of these mentioned EQ techniques. It makes sense to start with the basics before moving to reverb or delay. Those later are also handy not only for tricking the brain but to spice up the things a little bit more at the same time. Now you've got me thinking that the EQ might need a touch before moving on to the further.

I'm going to read it tomorrow again. Thank you, cheers.

Hey!

No problem!

I'm glad you've got something from it and I hope it helps you to continue improving as an engineer!

Please let me know if you have any other topics you would like covering.

Thanks again for reading!

Justin

Back
Top Bottom