Mixers today

I've been very tempted to enter the interface market. The thing holding me back is support. Invariably people blame the interface when the problem is the computer.
Just do it, Cliff.

I would humbly be your space monkey if you need one for testing. As you know, I find the strangest things because of the way I use hardware.

I'd buy a Fractal interface no problem. USB from my Axe 2 has been rock solid 100% of the time.

Don't know anything about Presonus other than their interfaces from a decade ago being total garbage reliability-wise. That said, on paper those models look pretty tempting to me. I just wish they didn't have all the extra features like bluetooth etc. That shit inevitably stops working right in a year or two after a couple of phone OS updates. My BMW can no longer tell me directions from a phone for instance. It mutes the music, but then doesn't say anything. I'm quite all right with connecting my phone to the good ol' tape input on the mixer.

IMO, you'd be crazy to compete with RME.

Circa 2006 I'm sure someone else said "you'd be crazy to compete with Line 6". And yet here we are. The thing is, small companies can compete really well if they choose their niche right. And Fractal can choose what's called a "warm" niche: professionals and hobbyists who already enjoy and trust Fractal products.

Don't know anything about Presonus other than their interfaces from a decade ago being total garbage reliability-wise. That said, on paper those models look pretty tempting to me. I just wish they didn't have all the extra features like bluetooth etc. That shit inevitably stops working right in a year or two after a couple of phone OS updates. My BMW can no longer tell me directions from a phone for instance. It mutes the music, but then doesn't say anything. I'm quite all right with connecting my phone to the good ol' tape input on the mixer.

I’ve been gigging with Presonus mixers since they introduced the first 16 channel StudioLive mixer. They’re simple, powerful, and sound great. I’ve also used a couple of their 8-channel ADAT preamps with my RME and they’re quite good.

It won't meet your needs by itself, but since we're talking about mixers, I wanted to mention this.

We used the new SSL XiX at the Amp Show last month. They should have called it the SSL OMG. It made me realize that my other mixers were really failing me. The vocal channels are killer too.

Man that's an expensive little mixer!!

Metric Halo's latest stuff is OMG good.
And you don't buy a new box; you pull out the old digital and pop in the new CAT5 system.

47016554784_4455758072.jpg

47016554974_32e144ac76.jpg

Back
Top Bottom