Mixer on block pages in Axe-Edit

MikeDV

Inspired
When a particular block is chosen, there is a MIXER box on the far right, which includes some different stuff. Looking at the amp models - there's a Level knob - where does this fall? It's not the OUTPUT BLOCK, it has Balance, Input Select, Bypass Mode and other parameters for different effects - where is this located on the signal flow? Seems like it should be at the output of the chosen block, but I can't find it in the manual. Probably something simple...

Could this be used in place of a volume block, controlled by an expression pedal? I put my volume pedal directly after the amp, before the time-based effects. I would only use it in this fashion. I use mix, etc. for actual effects. This could save putting a Volume/Pan block on the layout, not that I use that many.

Output in the Mixer area of a block in Edit is the Output Level in the block on the hardware.

I would not advise using a modifier in the Amp block on that Output Level for “volume pedal” usage, as that parameter is usually reserved to balance the overall level of the Preset.

That makes sense, Will stick to volume block to control.
Some use the Cab block output if they really can’t fit a volume block, but you’ll have to adjust the Maximum volume on the modifier page to avoid the +20dB boost that the control naturally provides. You do not want to boost your volume that much (or at all) for typical volume pedal use.

Back
Top Bottom