Mixer block..

Tone_Loc

Was starting to post this in the Wish thread but it kind of deviated into a user question so...

Is there a reason the mixer block is excluded?

I used the LF+ controller on my Ultra and I used the Mixer block to route a path to rows 1 or 2 by assigning an on/off toggle, that way I can use my expression pedal for multiple actions.

eg. Wah would be in the default row (1) with Auto engage set. Row 2 would have Whammy so by placing the Mixer block in front of these, I could toggle between the 2 by assigning a controller to the volume of each row. If row 1 volume = 100 then row 2 volume = 0 and vice versa.
In the LF+ I could create an IA and assign it to a button that would simply switch the values of the volume controllers.
Is this something that can be done with AX8? If not, then I'd appreciate some creative solutions that would provide a similar outcome.

What you need can fairly easy be set up with scenes (wah on in S1, whammy S2, none of them S3). There's a thread about how to do it, but otherwise, I think I would just have three parallel rows one with wah, one with Whammy and one with any block that does not use CPU. Routing the signal through these three blocks, and having scenes decide, which ones are muted, will let you do, what you need.

Yep you're spot on Smittefar, however I neglected to say that I've set up my presets to use Scenes where S1 is clean, S2 is crunch etc. and was after a solution that can be set within each scene.

in hindsight, this may be pushing the CPU limits so a re-jig of my approach may be required. Still, it would be good to know if other solutions are out there.

Can't you use a volume/ pan blk for this application? you should also be able to put a modifier on noth there bypass states and invert one of the settings so bypassing one via ia automatically bypasses the other one

Haven't looked at the Vol/pan tbh. does it have the ability to select rows? Will look at it in detail when I can and see if this will work.

Back
Top Bottom