Mixer block, but for selecting output rows instead?

guitarnerdswe

Fractal Fanatic
I found myself in situation, where I want a single block to choose which row/rows to send the signal to. Basically like switching channels on the mixer block, but in reverse.

Since I'm using a bunch of delay blocks in parallel, I don't want the level control happen after the effects, like how the mixer block works. That would mean the trails of the delays would be cut off. So I need it to happen before.

Right now, I use the balance control in the multiplexer. I set up 2 multitap delay blocks with left and right input select respectively. Then the balance control can choose either of the delays, or both. I'd like to add a third regular delay block for more analog/tape sounds, but that would break this method of switching.

Can anyone smarter than me figure this out? :grimacing:

Why not just set the bypass mode to Mute In and bypass the delay blocks you don't want active? Your delay trails will still ring out and only the active delay will keep getting input.

Blocks only have a single stereo output channel, so there is no single block that will do this job for three rows. You must either use the bypass mode like Mr. Fender suggests, or use three volume blocks in front of the delays.

Why not just set the bypass mode to Mute In and bypass the delay blocks you don't want active? Your delay trails will still ring out and only the active delay will keep getting input.
Doesn't work, since I'm selecting my different delay combinations by an IA cycle menu (like channels) on my RJM MMGT22, which is a hold function. Hence why I want to find a another way. An IA cycle menu should not turn on an effect, rather just select the option. Then the normal function of the button should turn the effect on/off.

This IA cycle can step through any series of values?

If so, you could use it with bypass modifiers to engage one delay at a time. Use a vol/filter (mute bypass) before delays as master delay input control.

You can skip the vol/filter if you modify delay bypass & input gain, but this would require twice as many modifiers.

This IA cycle can step through any series of values?

If so, you could use it with bypass modifiers to engage one delay at a time. Use a vol/filter (mute bypass) before delays as master delay input control.

You can skip the vol/filter if you modify delay bypass & input gain, but this would require twice as many modifiers.
I'm using it as a menu, so even though they're called steps, I don't switch through them in numerical order. I can jump to any "step" directly via the menu. But you do make a good point!

As you say, I only need one common block in front of all the delays that activate the signal to them, and then the "steps" can be different combinations of on/off of the delay blocks themselves. I will try this!

Back
Top Bottom