MIX TEMPLATE: 4 CAB IR`s MIXDOWN to 1 USER CAB IR using the Tonematch Block

Morphosis

Official G66 Support
Just answered a Forum question ... and thought this idea wold be cool for a thread on it`s own ....

MIXING CAB IRs and SAVE THEM WITHOUT NOTHING THAN THE AXE-FX II ;-)

So, here`s my suggestion how you can MIX up to four CAB IR`s in the AXE-FX and save it as 1 USER CAB IR by using the Tonematch Block.

attached i created a Template [4 CAB IR TMA MIXDOWN.syx] in Axe Edit

- Bypass the SYNTH Block, when mixing the CAB IRs with their LEVEL parameters by playing guitar through the AMP Block
- Bypass the the AMP Block, engage the SYNTH Block to fill the the Reference Slot
- Bypass the the AMP Block, bypass the CAB Blocks and engage the SYNTH Block to fill the the Local Slot.

Now: Match the unprocessed Sine curve from the local slot with the CAB IR processed Sine curve in the reference slot. Result is a Tonematch, representing the 4 CAB IR MIX. Save it as User CAB IR and you are finished ....

NOTE: the output Level of the Synth Block is on 0db (very loud). If it peak the signal chain, decrease the output level ....

Have fun!

[EDIT]: when i wrote TMA block, i mea SYNTH Block ... sorry .... corrected this ...

Attachments

• 4 CAB IR TMA MIXDOWN.syx
    6.3 KB · Views: 15
Last edited:
Question (probably for Cliff): are both the tone match block and also its exported IR of the same resolution as the other regular high res cab IRs?

IOW, does capturing one or more IR(s) through the tone match block degrade their resolution?

Back
Top Bottom