Mix-Ready, Mutli-purpose Metalcore, Djent, Hardrock Preset

This is the exact rhythm/lead preset I currently use with my band, Alive In The Night, both live and in the studio. I have owned my AX8 for about a year and have tweaked this preset multitudinously since joining the Fractal community. Originally molded to fit the sound of my Reverend Sensei Ra and now shaped for my Mark Holcomb PRS se model. After using many tweaking techniques and suggestions from pros themselves and all of y'all here, I think I'm finally pleased with this preset. Now, I'd LOVE for some of you to try this patch and tell me what you think I could do to improve it!

(you can hear the original tone on my bands EP "Manu Propria" on Youtube, Spotify etc.)

We use MIDI patch changes to streamline our set so there 5 scenes that do simple things like adding reverb or turning the overdrive off. All of these can be switched accordingly with the respective buttons.

1- Main hella tight riffage (Select Y-state on DRV for extra gain and clarity drive model.)
2- Lit AF lead tone (Select Y-state on DLY for a more washy delay tone.)
3- Jason Richardson- inspired Lo-fi
4- Main hella tight riffage with DRV pedal disengaged
5- Main hella tight riffage with Y-state light verb.

*NOTE*
You must have the ML Sound Lab Djent cab pack to get the tone as is. (specifically "Misha Mix" 4 and 8)

If you don't have it and you'd like to get close, I can recommend
using factory cabs 4X12 Uber T75+V30 RW and 4x12 USA Trad 57-121 ML

*I ask only that if you enjoy this tone and wish to use it for your own music, that you simply tell people where you got it. Having shaped this over months and months, just give credit where credit is due.

That being said- Shoutouts to Leon Todd, Brett Kingman and Mikko Logrén for your vast knowledge and educational tone videos; Misha Mansoor, Wes Hauch and The FAS team for making the presets that help most of us metal dudes get on our feet with the Fractal products and all the touring artists I've had the pleasure of chatting with who also offered suggestions.

Looking forward to any and all feedback!

Cheers,
Josh

Attachments

• AITN_ManuPropria.syx
    12.6 KB · Views: 351
Last edited:
Firing this up with the suggested factory cabs; great job! The lo-fi scene is very clever too.

Looks like you've got a firm grasp of the advanced parameters too, I had a quick scan through the amp block parameters and you've gone to town.

Listening to your band's EP too, top notch production and playing. Impressive stuff.

Firing this up with the suggested factory cabs; great job! The lo-fi scene is very clever too.

Looks like you've got a firm grasp of the advanced parameters too, I had a quick scan through the amp block parameters and you've gone to town.

Listening to your band's EP too, top notch production and playing. Impressive stuff.
I'm truly honored, man. Thanks for the kind words!!

Back
Top Bottom