Mix/jam-ready IRs in packs, or for sale?

Wolfenstein98k

Power User
Hi all,

I'm interested in the various cab packs for sale, but I'm not interested in getting deep into IRs and mixing them myself, using Cab Lab etc. I just don't have the time for that sort of thing.

I like the stock cabs on offer because they are sort of load-and-play.

I'm very interested in the Cab Packs, but it appears to me that they're filled with hundreds of files, and I'm expected to mix and match IRs and produce a final single IR I want to use... That's not for me.

Do the Cab Packs generally come with pre-mixed / "optimised" IRs? I don't have the time for hundreds of files to audition, I'd rather something like Cab Pack 10 (offers a series of cabs), which just has a few optimised IRs for each cab.

I hope this makes sense, and isn't too silly of a question. Thanks!

You might want to check out cab pack 10, honestly.
Not too many IR's, it's pretty no-nonsense: just pick what you're going for and play.

Decide on a cab, maybe start with the go-to SM57 mic, and you're done.
I appreciate them because they took the LEAST amount of work to get a PERFECT sound out of, considering all the IR's I've tried over the years.
Things just keep getting better!

I think I saw a note too regarding Cab Pack 10 that the single mic captures were so good that no mix IRs were made as they didn't improve things.

Thanks guys. It still seems like 10 has the "ABCD" etc mic stuff... all too much for me.

I heard that the CK/ML packs have "alloy" IRs, or mix-ready/ready-made IRs in a separate folder, good to go out of the box. That's what I'm after... They don't do that in Cab Pack 10, do they?

no, they don't have those in 10. It's a pretty small set for each cab, though. usually just an A, B, C for each mic, with a rear mic here and there. It's not like some that have tons of ir's for each mic/speaker.

Ah shucks, I hate advertising my own stuff, but, in my recent releases, there are more "mixes" than there are IR's!. - in Both the Cab Legends & Studio Delta releases.

I know Im the new boy here. and Fractal/ownhammer are above me in terms of popularity. hence my arm waving right here.

Have a good day : )

Back
Top Bottom