%Mix for the Cab Block

Alex Kerezy

Inspired
Hi,
I'm a fiddle player that runs my bowed axe through the Axe Fx iii..............I use a violin IR in the cab block to tonally shape my signal from a harsh treble sounding piezo pickup into a warm, lush, earthy, sweet violin. It works great

~~~well sorta~~~~

QUESTION: It doesn't seem there's the %mix knob on the Cab block, correct? Almost all of the other blocks have a %mix knob.

So, I really want apply the Cab Block (the IR I'm using) to shape the tone, but to some percentage. I have tried playing with the Level knob. Each of the 4 cabs in the Cab Block has a Level knob. Maybe it's just my ears, but it doesn't truly seem to be a % mix.

Is it? Are the Level knobs in each of the Cabs in the Cab Block basically a percent mix, that is they control how much or what percent of the changed or affected sound gets output from the block?

Thanks in Advanced

The cab block output is normalized, so as you un-mute more cabs or adjust the level of each individual cab IR, the whole output signal level is compensated as well.

Run dry signal (shunt) parallel to the cab block and feed them both into a mixer block. You can then control the mix between the two in the mixer block. Fair warning though, you might run into phase issues due to the processing time difference between the cab block and a shunt.

Another option is to use the very last factory cab called Totally Flat. It's a full range flat IR that passes the full signal through.

Back
Top Bottom