Mission SP1 using a "Y"cable?

jtcost

i folks, im new here and i search in the forum, but dont match any results for my issue.....
Si if i connect the SP1 Mission exp pedal to MFC101 using a Y cable (two monos in one side an one plug to another) then can i use two effects in only one entry of the MFC?
i mean, is possible to get a volume and wah effects in the same external of MFC, using a Y cable? Like in this video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YVTDJGCmFdM) where the guy uses volume and wah but use two externals and two cable to do it.

Thx in advance.

Berst regards,

Jorg

PS: Y cable is a Split cable

Last edited:
ye, but if i use a split cable can i make two efects usin only one external entry for MFC 101? or ervery time i need to use two external by expression pedal?

Sorry, but the answer is still no. As Chris mentioned previously, each effect needs it's own TRS cable. The Axe-FX looks at each TRS connection as a single control point. Even if you did break out the TRS cable to come from two devices (Switches, Analog input, etc.) the AFX would still only see it as a single input. It takes that input in and converts it to a digital value of 0-127, then reports to the AFX.
In the example Chris gives, you only need a single TRS cable for expression pedal, but a second TRS cable for the "Stomp Switch" that is within the pedal. If you don't use or need the "Stomp Switch", a single TRS cable is all that's needed for the expression pedal. Typically Mission Engineering sells the EP-1 for just this purpose. The EP-1 - missionengineering.commissionengineering.com It's what most people have. Chris has the added switch. He reviews this at about 8:35 in his video.
P.S. Chis from above is the guy in the video. He is also the first guy I have over seen open a box with a can of corn. Safe and good to eat!

Yup it isn't audio going through those cables. It's a specific electrical signal that requires the 2 separate TRS cables, so the common use of the y-cable doesn't apply here.

That's why I have tried to tell people that the EP1 is the way to go especially with the auto engage feature. But if you think it through you will find a good way to use that pedal. You could have it doing different things on different presets. Just get the right cables and you'll be good to go.

so, those switches slots are made for switch what?

the Switch inputs on the MFC are indeed for normal switches. you could use a single TS-cable switch in each, and you'd use Switch 1 and Switch 3. or you could use a dual switch pedal with a TRS-cable like the Boss FS6 and get switch 1&2 and 3&4 with 2 dual switch pedals.

the Mission SP-1 has an expression pedal that needs to use a TRS cable like all normal expression pedals. it also has a switch, but it is designed to use an Expression Pedal (XP) input and not a switch - most MIDI foot controllers do not have switch ports, they have one or a pair of XP ports. so if the SP-1 was designed for 1 XP and 1 XS, it wouldn't work with many foot controllers. so that's why you need 2 TRS cables and use 2 XP ports on the MFC.

you can mod the SP-1's switch to use a XS instead.

the Switch inputs on the MFC are indeed for normal switches. you could use a single TS-cable switch in each, and you'd use Switch 1 and Switch 3. or you could use a dual switch pedal with a TRS-cable like the Boss FS6 and get switch 1&2 and 3&4 with 2 dual switch pedals.

the Mission SP-1 has an expression pedal that needs to use a TRS cable like all normal expression pedals. it also has a switch, but it is designed to use an Expression Pedal (XP) input and not a switch - most MIDI foot controllers do not have switch ports, they have one or a pair of XP ports. so if the SP-1 was designed for 1 XP and 1 XS, it wouldn't work with many foot controllers. so that's why you need 2 TRS cables and use 2 XP ports on the MFC.

you can mod the SP-1's switch to use a XS instead.

Really? Cool! How do I make the mod?

Back
Top Bottom