Mission SP1 Cleaning?

Keg8605

Power User
I've had a mission SP1 LF since late 2010. Its definitely gotten its uses. Lately however, I'm having some issues with it. I notice mainly on the wah because that's about all i use it for. I've wiped it off before but never really done anything else to it. It just doesn't respond well to quick wah movements. The damping is at 10ms, auto engage 5%. It engages but is not responding quickly at all. It does seem to calibrate ok too though. I use an LF Pro.

I switched the cable and nothing. My other roland pedal seemed to work better. I'm going to do more trouble shooting tonight. How do you clean the pots on these pedals exactly? I also just read about chaning the input z to 1m instead of auto.

Yep. DeoxIT is a great brand and they make one specifically for pots and faders. Regular DeoxIT is great for jacks and switches too. It's a little pricy, but it's magic on dirty connections.

thanks guys, i figured using some electronic cleaner was my next step. Didn't know if there was anything to do after that. Hopefully i can get some more life out of the Pedal....

So guys looking for some other ideas now. This is midi related to the liquid foot pro. Plugging one of my expression pedals straight in worked perfectly. Something is going on from the liquid foot. The pedals are all calibrated fine.

Just figured it out. I changed the "send real time sysex" to "tuner" only instead of all and the pedals work fine now. Any ideas of a setting I have wrong so I could leave it set to "all"? Be nice to have the tap but I could live without...

Thanks for any help.

Back
Top Bottom