Mission SP-1 expression pedal set up (for Wah and Volume)

ravi

I have a Mission SP-1 expression pedal for my AX8. I haven't been able to figure out how to set this up so I can use it as both a Wah and volume pedal at the same time. Is even possible. One of my friends had a Mission pedal (not sure which model) used to be able to toggle between using it as a Wah or volume.

With the SP-1, you'll need a volume block and wah block in the preset and use the switch to toggle their bypass states with the toe switch. The another Mission pedal is the SP-2 that is a dual channel but is no longer in production.

With the SP-1, you'll need a volume block and wah block in the preset and use the switch to toggle their bypass states with the toe switch. The another Mission pedal is the SP-2 that is a dual channel but is no longer in production.
Hi, It still doesn't seem to work. I followed exactly the video above. he volume is working but not the Wah. Attached a few pics of my settings.

Is it because the above video connected both Wah and Volume presets (edit modifier source, to external 2)? Should source be external 1 (Wah) and external 2 (Vol)?

Any thoughts?

Attachments

• IMG_8471.JPG
    IMG_8471.JPG
    145.1 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_8473.jpg
    IMG_8473.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 8
  • IMG_8474.jpg
    IMG_8474.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 8
Did you assign a modifier to the wah's "control" parameter? You need four* modifiers: Wah control, vol/pan volume, and both blocks' bypass parameters. The bypasses should use one Ext Ctrl (the switch) while the control & volume use the other Ext Ctrl (whichever you selected for the expression port). Your photos only show one modifier (wah bypass) so it's tough to know if you did the other steps correctly.

*One block could actually have a global bypass assignment instead of a modifier, but I wouldn't recommend worrying about this right now.

@Bakerman explained it very well. External 2 (Pedal 2) should be attached to the Bypass of both blocks with the Min and Max values reversed in one of them.

The only thing the video didn't show is attaching the expression pedal, External 1 (Pedal 1) to the Volume and Control parameters of the volume and wah blocks. If you see the modifier moving in both blocks when moving the pedal, then follow the video to the letter, it will work.

Thank you Bakerman and JoKeR III. Its finally working after I did the following the below (see pics).

However I have to step on the SP1 pedal twice before it switches between the Wah and Volume blocks? The light on the SP1 seems to be irrelevant since I have step on it twice.

Am is missing something? I would think I would toggle between the Wah and Vol blocks (light on light off on the SP1).

Attachments

• IMG_8481.jpg
    IMG_8481.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 12
  • IMG_8483.jpg
    IMG_8483.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 11
hey there guys, I'm at my wits end...I cannot, for the life of me, figure out why I can't set my Mission Sp-1 to effect a a bypass from either a volume or a Wah block....where in the onscreen editor is this established...output 2 from the pedal into pedal 2 of the FM9...switch is selected in the I/O sorry if this is stupid

hey there guys, I'm at my wits end...I cannot, for the life of me, figure out why I can't set my Mission Sp-1 to effect a a bypass from either a volume or a Wah block....where in the onscreen editor is this established...output 2 from the pedal into pedal 2 of the FM9...switch is selected in the I/O sorry if this is stupid
Concepts apply to the FM9:

I have connected pedal 2 with a TS cable as per everyone's instruction, and I've selected pedal 2 in the bypass page as a controller and I get no response....any ideas anyone?

Most expressions pedals require TRUE TRS to TRS connections to work properly for all features.

Back
Top Bottom