Mission SP-1 and AX*

rnjscooter

Power User
Got my SP-1 today. I have an AxeFxII that I got help setting up, but I don't see an tutorials or threads on how to set up the SP-1 with the AX-8.

Anyone?

Thanks!

It seemed all my set up was with the MFC. Chris had a killer video on it. I'll try in the morn. Thanks!
everything you did on the MFC was to setup the mfc. there is no mfc involved here, so you just do all the Axe stuff basically. Pedal 1 jack is already Ext Ctrl 1, 2 is 2, etc.

so i was able to calibrate 1. but when i try to calibrate 2 the slider never moves. i tried pressing the switch changing it to wah and see if the sliders would move. they didn't. I think on the mcc in your video you had to do that. I am definitely doing something wrong

i tried doing everything i remember in the modifiers of ax8 edit. it aint working. the wah never works and the volume turns on and off while i kick the pedal up and down

found your video on youtube. I am to the CC part. the manual doesn't mention it in the io, just the pedal in the io. Do i need to do something in the io menu w CC?

Following this video (18:00-->) trying to set up the SP1 for this exact use (wah/vol) on the AX8, I cannot get it to work. I see one block bypass and the other engage when I press the switch, yet there is no sound until I remove one of the blocks. What am I doing wrong?
(when I leave the start-end modifiers as default, I get sound but then the switch controls enables blocks at the same time...and I dont want that) help appreciated!

I watched Chris' video for the mission/mfc/axefx, and its pretty much dead on with axe edit. you may have to rewind a few times. Then you need to save the volume and wah as global blocks and insert them into EVERY preset you have

Hm, I did all the video explains on the Axe-Fx, but on the AX8.
1. Calibrated the ext pedal 1.
2. Added 1 vol, 1 wah block.
3. Assigned ext pedal1 (the pedal) as source to control vol/wah on each block
4. Assigned ext pedal2 (the switch) to control bypass on each block (but opposite start/end modifiers on pedal2 in one block).

Is there anything else to it?

Looking at the grid, I see the one block engange and the other bypass when I press the switch on the SP1. Looks good, but no sound. Using just one block, it works as expected. Do you have a preset setup with this that I could try?

Last edited:
Hm, I did all the video explains on the Axe-Fx, but on the AX8.
1. Calibrated the ext pedal 1.
2. Added 1 vol, 1 wah block.
3. Assigned ext pedal1 (the pedal) as source to control vol/wah on each block
4. Assigned ext pedal2 (the switch) to control bypass on each block (but opposite start/end modifiers on pedal2 in one block).

Is there anything else to it?

Looking at the grid, I see the one block engange and the other bypass when I press the switch on the SP1. Looks good, but no sound. Using just one block, it works as expected. Do you have a preset setup with this that I could try?
I don't. Can you upload what you've done and I can look? Easier for me right now and might be able to figure it out.

I plugged into AX8 Edit (for the first time...boy what a breeze compared to front panel edits), and messed around with the settings.I don't think I did anything, but it suddenly worked :)(maybe i didn't get the bypass setting correct...(thru/mute?? should we toggle those at all when setting this up?) So I saved those blocks as templates for later use:) So all good to go now, thanks for you replies! (and Chris for the video!)

I just got the SP-1 but can't figure out how to assign wah on/off to the switch. Can someone enlighten a Fractal noon such as me? Thanks.

I just got the SP-1 but can't figure out how to assign wah on/off to the switch. Can someone enlighten a Fractal noon such as me? Thanks.
assign the BYPASS parameter in the block to the switch where it becomes On/Off and not change between Mute and Thru.

Thanks for the tip. I'll se if I can get that to work next time I have a chance. Also, just a general thanks for all the help you provide across the many threads.

Great, I got it to work. Anyone have a source for a 1-foot or so TRS right angle to TRS straight patch cable to connect the SP-1? I'm having a hard time locating one.

Back
Top Bottom