Mission pedals output level lower than normal output? (without pedal)

GBM

Inspired
Has anyone had an issue with the output level being slightly less than your normal output level with a mission pedal in line as a volume pedal?

I just received both and EP-1 and an SP-1 and while setting them up, (EP-1 as volume & SP-1 as expression) I noticed that my volume was slightly less.....both set up as a global volume as well as in a volume block (same exact output) Both pedals had symptoms, ie, the same output level (you can see it on the screen where you select external one, etc (0-100%) you could see it and hear the difference....

without the pedal the dot is pegged at 100%, with either pedal in it is slightly less; I'd say at least 2-3 db.

Thanks Yek; did that first and that's why I'm a bit confused. Maybe I didn't do it properly, but did it twice

Once calibrated (as you would with any expression pedal), mine have always worked perfectly.

Take us through how you are calibrating them.

I have the same issue with mine. I started a thread about it and everyone just said I was doing it wrong. No one tried disconnecting their pedals to see if they got the same result so I have been forced to just live with it.

I have the same issue with mine. I started a thread about it and everyone just said I was doing it wrong. No one tried disconnecting their pedals to see if they got the same result so I have been forced to just live with it.

http://forum.fractalaudio.com/mfc-1...-help-calling-all-mission-mfc101-users-2.html

You didn't seem to understand what the min/max values meant, which was explained in the thread. The goal isn't to get those numbers to be 0 and 127--it's to let the MFC know the pedal's actual range. Then that gets translated to 0-127 or whatever you set up as the min/max CC values. What you described were symptoms of not properly saving the calibration values (at least the max) for the Mission pedal.

I explained then that when I calibrate my EB I am getting a greater range on the screen than when I calibrate the mission pedal. Everyone said the mission pedal did not need to go up to the full 127 I have grown to just accept that but the fact is as I mentioned in that thread that I have a noticeable difference in volume when using a calibrated EB vs a calibrated mission pedal

Is there any issues with the SP-1 when only using it for expression....Say with a wah. I mean is there any problems with it. I already sent a Line6 pedal back to mission and would hate to have issues with another one. I will be using a EB VP-Jr 25k for volume myself ( I already have it) but at some point I would like to have a matching set.

I explained then that when I calibrate my EB I am getting a greater range on the screen than when I calibrate the mission pedal. Everyone said the mission pedal did not need to go up to the full 127 I have grown to just accept that but the fact is as I mentioned in that thread that I have a noticeable difference in volume when using a calibrated EB vs a calibrated mission pedal

You still aren't getting what those values mean. The reason for calibrating is that not every pedal will produce 0 and 127 at that page. That's fine. If they all did, there would be no need for a calibration procedure. The MFC uses that min/max information to produce the actual CC range (0-127 or whatever you program for it, done at a completely different screen) for that pedal. Your description is what would happen if the last stored max value at calibration was higher than that of the Mission pedal. Confirmation from multiple users that calibration does work might be a reason to try again, following the steps in the manual carefully.

You still aren't getting what those values mean. The reason for calibrating is that not every pedal will produce 0 and 127 at that page. That's fine. If they all did, there would be no need for a calibration procedure. The MFC uses that min/max information to produce the actual CC range (0-127 or whatever you program for it, done at a completely different screen) for that pedal. Your description is what would happen if the last stored max value at calibration was higher than that of the Mission pedal. Confirmation from multiple users that calibration does work might be a reason to try again, following the steps in the manual carefully.

I know what I am doing, I know this because when I calibrate those two pedals I am seeing different # on the screen so I know I am calibrating them correctly. As I mentioned in my other post. I have learned to just trust you "pros" and be ok with it not going to 127 because everyone said it doesn't have too. With that said my ears don't lie that when I switch pedals and recalibrate or when I calibrate the mission pedal then disconnect it (like the OP is stating) there is a jump in volume. As I also mention above not a single member has said "you know what I just tried using two or three different properly calibrated pedals and also tried disconnecting the pedals after they have been calibrated and I am not getting any volume difference" The truth is ever one just says mine works no problem. Truth is so does mine I can do volume swells and when I am in heel down position my volume goes to zero but if I hadn't accidentally disconnected the pedal and started experimenting I wold have never known I was not getting 100% of my volume

Once calibrated (as you would with any expression pedal), mine have always worked perfectly.

Take us through how you are calibrating them.

Scott/gents - I screwed up; recalibrated (and paid more attention this time) and all is well. Both my new missions started at 0 and topped out at 116 which explains the issue; after calibrated for the 3rd and 4th time (just to be sure), I'm good to go!

Looking forward to using the new rig tonight at my inaugural gig with it. Thanks again for the help everyone. It certainly makes the ride more enjoyable.

Back
Top Bottom