Mission pedals - experience/quality report

The issue with mine is that the button is too weak. If I press it down with the pedal, it doesn't come back up all the way. Mission actually responded to a thread I had on here saying to loosen the tension, but the pedal is so loose it doesn't even stay up. I like how smooth it is.

I have two EP's. The allen wrench and tightening system are very poor. Even tightening to the point of nearly bending the wrench, the pedal slips to toe down position. I guess some folks have great experience with them, and others not so much so. I am certainly disappointed and had hoped for a top quality pedal. I bought two at once, and will not be buying another until they fix their design and quality problems.

I ordered two EP-1s a few days ago - one regular and one spring- loaded. They should be here Monday so I'll report back on them.

I had an SP-1 previously (that I had sold with my Ultra) and it was generally fine.

Ah, so its the battery inside? I got the SP-1 and something was moving and making loud noise. I was wondering what that was and if I got a faulty unit. Does that loose battery harm anything?

Thanks for posting your experience guys. I've followed this thread with interest for some time. I wanted to order a couple, but not if the functional issues noted here are "as-designed". Anyone know whether Mission has acknowledged the problems or re engineered to fix?

V

I like how many people think that near-perfect communication is the standard for companies of this type or size. Mission Engineering has this kind of story. Fractal Audio has this kind of story. LiquidFoot. I am sure a lot more could be named from boutique pedal, amp, & cabinet companies. I think people doing business with these kind of companies generally have the bar too high. When you look at the history it really is par for the course and you have to know that going into a deal.

I am not saying it isn't frustrating, it is, but you have to know going in you are probably going to have to "work it" to get the updates you need. And I think if you are polite about it things in a majority of cases work out.

Near-perfect communication is my standard for any company. It's a choice. If you want to provide good communication, you can do it. Sometimes people trade good communication for spending their time on other things (like making more pedals), or not hiring another person to help out. That's a choice. I ordered two Mission pedals and so far am very happy. If I send an email and a week goes by, I'm not so happy. Then it's my choice whether to continue doing business with them. In the case of Mission pedals, I could deal with sub-standard communication. But not answering email for a week is definitely sub-standard. Hey, some companies will never answer your email. That just makes them worse, it doesn't change the bar.

I have a spring loaded EP-1 and have no complaints. Maybe I'm lucky, but I was really happy with the service I received from Mission on both of my orders (the EP-1 pedal and a Mission Right-Angle TRS cable). I would recommend their products and service without reservation.

Back
Top Bottom