Mission frfr prices…

Dhamiii

Inspired
Whats up with the crazy high prices on these??

Gemini 2 is $2,139
The gemini 1 is $1700

Wtf man lol

Yeah I looked into the Mission stuff when I decided to go FRFR, and literally laughed out loud when I saw the prices. I'm sure they sound good and all but come on. Instead, I bought a Seymour Duncan Power Stage 700 and a quad of Celestion F12-X200s which I threw in an old pair of vertical 2x12 cabs I already had lying around. $1,300 for the whole rig (well not including the Axe Fx 3 of course). 700 watts per side, and I can separate the cabs for a bigger stereo spread. It sounds incredible from mouse-fart quiet, to just ungodly loud.

Yeah I looked into the Mission stuff when I decided to go FRFR, and literally laughed out loud when I saw the prices. I'm sure they sound good and all but come on. Instead, I bought a Seymour Duncan Power Stage 700 and a quad of Celestion F12-X200s which I threw in an old pair of vertical 2x12 cabs I already had lying around. $1,300 for the whole rig (well not including the Axe Fx 3 of course). 700 watts per side, and I can separate the cabs for a bigger stereo spread. It sounds incredible from mouse-fart quiet, to just ungodly loud.
Gotta hand it to Celestion for those F12-x200s. You can DIY a killer rig for a fraction of what you would pay for a turn key off the shelf solution. Can't recommend them enough.

Reactions: JTI
Have you priced out a Marshall 4x12 or 2x12 these days? Talk about inflation! Thank goodness I don't need to buy those anymore.

Gallon of milk is over $4, as is gas…… pack of bacon now is like $10, price of my home has gone up $200k in the past year, I couldn’t even afford to buy it at todays prices….

Certainly isn’t unique to Mission

Looks like there's a couple used Gemini's on GC Used for around $800. There's one for $650 at the Orange County GC...that's not a bad deal!

Gotta hand it to Celestion for those F12-x200s. You can DIY a killer rig for a fraction of what you would pay for a turn key off the shelf solution. Can't recommend them enough.
You and @Infinite Radius are making me feel really good. I have good ear phones. Who wants to play through earphones all the time? I bought KRK Rockits because I "heard' one time they were great and one time didn't do my own due diligence.

I want to play through a cabinet with my Matrix power amp. I just ordered 2 of the F12-x200s to put in one of my cabs as kind of a last ditch effort. I'm feeling a whole lot better about this purchase after reading your posts.

You and @Infinite Radius are making me feel really good. I have good ear phones. Who wants to play through earphones all the time? I bought KRK Rockits because I "heard' one time they were great and one time didn't do my own due diligence.

I want to play through a cabinet with my Matrix power amp. I just ordered 2 of the F12-x200s to put in one of my cabs as kind of a last ditch effort. I'm feeling a whole lot better about this purchase after reading your posts.
Yeah...I wasted money on 2 headrush, Yamaha studio monitors, and even tried a Yamaha club PA system. Totally satisfied with the DIY celestions. Hope the random cab works for you. Let us know.

I had a Gemini 2. Spent $1600 for it new. Was no better (immersive) than my pair of Adam A7 studio monitors at a third of the price.

Guitar cab or GTFO.

Reactions: JTI
Back
Top Bottom