Mission Expression Pedal w/toe-switch with FX8?

I forgot all about this, sorry.

Here is what I wound up doing:
1. I noticed that the wah had a very narrow sweep, no matter where I set the minimum and maximum.
I swapped out the 10K linear pot for a 100K linear pot and now the wah is so much more like my Fulltone Clyde Deluxe.
2. I added a 100K linear pot to the side of my expression pedal.
Then, I wired the 1/4" jack that went to the switch originally to the new pot.
I use this to control the output of the FX-8 so that I have a master volume and expression pedal all in one. It works really well!

I just got my FX-8 back from Fractal this week. It started randomly switching scenes. If I tapped the input jack, it would also switch scenes.
I don't know what they fixed, but I am about to fire it up and see if it's back to normal right now.

Can this pedal work for exp pedal 1, then when you engage the switch, it works as expression pedal 2? This is kind of the way it worked on the HD500. I am wondering if that would be effective for the FX8 as it would take up less real estate than 2 pedals. A problem I can foresee is that there is no way to tell which 'pedal' is active...
That is a really cool idea!
I think you would be able to tell because the LED for the effect in question would light up.
For instance, if you are in Whammy setting, the Whammy LED will be lit.

I forgot all about this, sorry.

Here is what I wound up doing:
1. I noticed that the wah had a very narrow sweep, no matter where I set the minimum and maximum.
I swapped out the 10K linear pot for a 100K linear pot and now the wah is so much more like my Fulltone Clyde Deluxe.
2. I added a 100K linear pot to the side of my expression pedal.
Then, I wired the 1/4" jack that went to the switch originally to the new pot.
I use this to control the output of the FX-8 so that I have a master volume and expression pedal all in one. It works really well!

I just got my FX-8 back from Fractal this week. It started randomly switching scenes. If I tapped the input jack, it would also switch scenes.
I don't know what they fixed, but I am about to fire it up and see if it's back to normal right now.

That's encouraging!! Hope you're FX-8 comes back better than before.... There is another poster "Paranoid" who documented another good Mission mod... I gotta get over my newbie overwhelmed emotions before I tackle the Mission mod... But thanks! I may recall your thread later when I am more seasoned....

That is a really cool idea!
I think you would be able to tell because the LED for the effect in question would light up.
For instance, if you are in Whammy setting, the Whammy LED will be lit.

This is exactly how this Mission pedal works. I have it now, and it is great, although they discontinued it. They also didn't even have a pdf manual when I asked, or offer any info about it. Oh well- this is how it works: You have 2 exp pedal outs, and the toe switch selects them. There is a green LED and a blue LED to let you know what 'channel' you are controlling. It uses a 9v adapter for the LEDs only, and doesn't require it for the exp functions to work. There is no battery option, although there should be. It would last forever. Maybe someone more tech-savy than I am could wire one up with a switch to activate the battery. It is just 2 LEDs it has to power, so I can't imagine it needing a lot of power.

First post here, but I've been reading a lot about the FX8.
I have a used FX8 on the way. It was a little more than a new one, but I needed something right away.

I have a Mission EP-11-S expression pedal. It was all that Sweetwater had in stock when I bought my H9.
This expression pedal has a toe-switch built in.
Mission Engineering Inc EP-11-S Expression Pedal for Eleven Rack | Sweetwater.com

My question is, can I use the toe-switch for anything with the FX8? I don't really have any set use in mind, but I was wondering what my options are.
Say, if I wanted to use the switch to toggle the Wah on/off, or toggle between a Volume and a Wah that I would use the expression pedal with.

Thanks in advance,
Andy
I have the Mission SP-2 and it does exactly what you're wanting to accomplish. Unfortunately they stopped making them but you can rewire the EP-11-S to operate like the SP-2. Probably not what you're wanting to hear or do but that's the only way to get what you need with what you have.

Since FW3 I reworked my FX8 and now use the SP1 to toggle between volume and whammy. I've found that I can get along with an auto wah just fine.

I was referring to having global volume and wah, my bad for not being more clear in my reply. Glad to see the SP-1 style is working as a dual function pedal though.

I was referring to having global volume and wah, my bad for not being more clear in my reply. Glad to see the SP-1 style is working as a dual function pedal though.
there isn't a global wah.

it's really simple to define a template preset with a wah, and generate all your other presets from it, but there's no global wah.

there isn't a global wah.

it's really simple to define a template preset with a wah, and generate all your other presets from it, but there's no global wah.
Never said there was. Notice the emphasis on 'global' before volume, refers to the former only, not the entire sentence. Most of the thread has mentioned using a volume block and some pretty vague as to whether they wanted global volume or not. My comment was to clarify my intent of referring to the use of the global volume.

I wound up changing the pot to a standard 100K linear wah pot.
I never got around to using the toe switch because I wound up adding another 250K linear pot to control the overall volume in the side of the expression pedal.
I've been using the Auto Sense to turn the wah on and haven't even tried the whammy yet.

I haven't been using the FX-8 lately because every time the power has been off for a while, the wah automatically turns itself on in different Scenes.
It's never the same Scene and it's driving me nuts so I went back to my old Digitech GSP1101 for FX.
I keep forgetting to look into why this is happening, so thanks! I'll mess with it right now.

Back
Top Bottom