Mission Expression Pedal Question - 2 TRS or Just 1?

JRod4928

Power User
For the Mission SP-1 BK, it has a latching toe switch and looks like you need 2 TRS cables (1 for the sweep, 1 for switch).

Is there a Mission pedal that's capable of using just 1 TRS cable with a toe switch? I just want to control Wah block when toe down (but I don't want to use auto-engage), just like a real wah pedal. @mission

Without really knowing how they're wired internally and making assumptions, you might be able to modify one to make it work of a single TRS. I'm wondering if if you could take the switch output (assuming it's a toggle) and take the leads off the jack. You could then wire it to the TRS output of the foot pedal and make it so you ground out the signal when the switch is latched. Then, in the Fractal system, the block controlled could be set up as an auto engage based on signal value.

Once again, that's a thought experiment. Someone more familiar with these pedals may be able to confirm or deny it.

I don’t think this is possible.

Without really knowing how they're wired internally and making assumptions, you might be able to modify one to make it work of a single TRS. I'm wondering if if you could take the switch output (assuming it's a toggle) and take the leads off the jack. You could then wire it to the TRS output of the foot pedal and make it so you ground out the signal when the switch is latched. Then, in the Fractal system, the block controlled could be set up as an auto engage based on signal value.

Once again, that's a thought experiment. Someone more familiar with these pedals may be able to confirm or deny it.

Ah maybe it doesn't exist then.... here's an idea:::

I'd probably be better off putting a rubber bumper on the pedal to stop at around 9.50, but when pushed down hard it would reach 10.00 in order to auto-engage the wah.

Wouldn't have the 'click' feeling, but it would work.

Ah maybe it doesn't exist then.... here's an idea:::

I'd probably be better off putting a rubber bumper on the pedal to stop at around 9.50, but when pushed down hard it would reach 10.00 in order to auto-engage the wah.

Wouldn't have the 'click' feeling, but it would work.
In the Wiki I found this:

To turn an expression pedal into a virtual "toe switch": set OFF VAL to around 90% and Auto-Engage to Medium or Slow.

Maybe start with trying auto engage. Since I figured I need it set the same way around as Leon Todd @2112 sets his up (disengages when left full up), I find the auto engage completely intuitive. Like you, I always thought I could only work with a good firm switch action like the Cry Baby wahs I have loved over the years. I was wrong.

Liam

Gl4th

I'd probably be better off putting a rubber bumper on the pedal to stop at around 9.50, but when pushed down hard it would reach 10.00 in order to auto-engage the wah. why , you can configure the pedals easyly

Back
Top Bottom