Mission EP-1 calibration issue?

So I recently received an expression pedal to use with my FC-6. When I attempt to calibrate it, using the FC setup on the front of the Axe Fx, there is about 5-10% sweep left available in the toe position?

I’ve tried an old boss expression pedal and same thing. I’m using a TRS cable.

It’s as though it’s not recognizing that it’s in the full toe down position, even during the calibration. Is there a way to adjust this? Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks!

I ordered one off amazon so I could do 1 day shipping and try it.

I’ve tried all 4 of the expression inputs on the FC-6 and the 2 expression pedal inputs on the Axe FX 3 itself. All 4 of the FC inputs were the same.

The inputs on the Axe Fx itself didn’t even seem to register as the calibration meter didn’t come up but when I attempted to sweep it using the modifier the same thing happened.

I even opened the EP-1 to make sure there wasn’t some sort of taper pot inside and there isn’t. All I can think is that it’s the pedal or the TRS cable.

The EP-1 is in the full toe down position but there is still a small portion left.CDCBCA7F-E800-4855-B627-ABF05CC7D554.jpeg

Yeah, if you’ve tried 2 different pedals, 6 different inputs and the common factor is your TRS cable, it’s probably your TRS cable. Good luck with the new cable!

Thanks! I’ll let you guys know how it goes!

Was really excited to make some ambient swell patches tonight but I’m compromising so I don’t blow my ears off 😂

Just to make sure, you are selecting the appropriate pedal in the calibration screen?

For example, FC#1 Pedal 1 when plugging in to FC pedal jack 1?

Yep I am. I had to check myself on that to make sure but I’ve checked it in all of the FC pedal inputs as well as the axe fx itself

Just to be sure (as this has caught me out too) - you're calibrating from Setup -> FC Controllers -> Remote and then picking the appropriate pedal and calibrating from there? I've inadvertently tried to calibrate from I/O -> Pedal before, which is for pedals connected directly to the III, rather than when you're using an FC.

Hope you get it sorted, whatever it is!

Back
Top Bottom