Mission EP-1 and Axe-Fx

I recently purchased a Mission EP-1 expression pedal with the return spring and am having an issue programming it. I am intending to use it as a WAH, for one. Everything is programmed, the pedal is calibrated, a WAH block is applied, the EXT 2 paramater is set and the pedal action is indicating on the grid when depressed. The ball does go up and down. The issue is the action of the pedal does not sweep. It is either on, or off, nothing in between. With the pedal off I can just barely depress it and it goes fully on. I changed the WAH block for a Classic Whammy to do 1 octive down and the same thing occured. It was either off, or all the way on, there was no inbetween. Any idea what I am missing?.
I have another pedal set to EXT 1 that is a volume pedal that works just fine. Don't know if there is a bad potimeter in the EXP-1, or if I am missing a setting on the AXE FX. Prior to this I was just going through a Cry Baby Wah.
Thanks,

Greg

what did you assign the modifier to? sounds like you assigned to the Bypass and not the Control.

Which model of Axe-FX are you using? (Standard, Ultra, II, II XL)

Are you connecting the EP-1 to the back panel of the Axe-Fx unit, or to a MIDI controller (eg., MFC-101)?

Are you using a tip-ring-sleeve (TRS) cable to connect the EP-1?

I have the Axe-Fx II
I am connected to an MFC 101 Mark III, Expression pedal 2. 1 has a volume pedal.
I am using a TRS cable to EP-2.
The pedal indicates that it is working, however it is either all the way off or all the way on. There's no variance in between.
Not thinking, I just plugged my expression pedal that I use as a volume control (a Roland EV-5) into the #2 slot for the Wah and everything worked fine, just as it should. Replace it with the Mission EP-1 and it's either on or off. I even measured the pot on the EP-1 with a multimeter to make sure there was a sweep in the pot and it measures just fine. Shows a varience through the full sweep of the pedal. I'm a bit stumped.

Greg

have you calibrated the EP-1? maybe another setting on the MFC is set incorrectly.

can you put the EP-1 where your EV-5 normally goes (i'm assuming XP1 on the MFC) and see if it controls the volume correctly? you could also try setting up your EP1 using XP3.

i want to clear up the terms used here:

EP-1 = Mission Pedal model number

XP1, XP2, etc = the Input jack on the MFC for expression pedals.

there is no "EP-2" on the MFC or Axe-Fx - i assume you meant XP2 - just making sure so we don't get confused.

it seems you know what to do, but perhaps go through my expression pedal setup video just to make sure things are set correctly?

MFC-101 & Axe-FX II – Setting up Expression Pedals | Katsu Kuri Media Blog

On the MFC under Edit->MIDI

You will see a screen that looks like:
XP1 #016 Ch01 BegPDL

Just make sure XP2 is assigned to something (like #017 is external controller 2)
Then also make sure set to BegPDL rather than OFF

Then in your preset you set the modifier to external controller 2

Cheers

Do you have a model with switchable polarity? My pedals do something similar if the polarity is wrong, but I use a TB12, so it might be totally different. So, check the cable with multimeter, tip must go to tip.

Back
Top Bottom