Mission Engineering Gemini Wedge

maorgr

Inspired
Hi,

I am deliberating whether or not pairing my Axe 3 with a Mission Engineering Gemini Wedge FRFR for home usage only, and I kindly asking for your opinion on whether or not I should purchase it.

I already own DT990. Should I just invest in a good headphone amp and call it a day or go for a FRFR speaker ? again, it's just for home personal usage.

Thank you in advance.

Maor.

Last edited:
Why do you think you need a headphone amp?

The Axe Fx III includes a high quality and powerful headphone output already.

As far as Mission Engineering Gemini wedge, I've never seen or heard one in person.

The 2x12 cab is pretty nice.

I would recommend a Xitone.

How can you judge an FRFR from a video? The sound will be colored by the mic(s) used to record the video and what you are listening with... ;)
Who said anything about judging? I just said it sounded pretty good. Besides, if Carter likes it, it's prolly pretty nice. ;)

Who said anything about judging? I just said it sounded pretty good. Besides, if Carter likes it, it's prolly pretty nice. ;)
Sorry, but "sounds pretty good" is a judgement of the sound. You are listening to the sound and judging the quality to be "pretty good".

Hence my question... ;)

Although the opinion from CC does carry some weight.

Sorry, but "sounds pretty good" is a judgement of the sound. You are listening to the sound and judging the quality to be "pretty good".

Hence my question... ;)

Although the opinion from CC does carry some weight.
Yep, judged the quality from the video just like how I judged my CLRs before I bought them, and my Axe Fx II, and my Axe Fx III, and........... ;)

Last edited:
so i ended up buying a HS8 as thats all i could afford at this moment.
what are the best settings in the axe3 for it ?

thanks in advance,

maor.

right but should I turn the volume knob to 50% and control the volume via the axe 3 or the other way around ?

Thankls for your help :)

right but should I turn the volume knob to 50% and control the volume via the axe 3 or the other way around ?

Thankls for your help :)

Page 5 of the Axe 3 manual discusses volume level. I believe it defaults to -10dBV which would equal cranking the HS-8's to max. You'd also need to adjust the output settings on the Axe 3 to -10dB in the output settings. I would just set the monitors to half (+4dbV) and use the Out 1 knob to control the volume. If there is still not enough output for you, then turn up the monitors to taste.

Back
Top Bottom