Mission Engineering Gemini amps (FRFR)

Anyone heard anything new about these? No pricing on their website for the amps yet and the head is already on sale. Hopefully that is not a bad sign....

Any update on this? I am in the market for an FRFR speaker and might be interested in trying something different that everyone else for my Axe 2. Let me know please, thanks,

Prices are up on the ME website now. $1099 for the 1x12 and $1499 for the 2x10, but you can't order yet. Looks like they're getting to open shop soon.

Has anybody demo this FRFR option? Interested in reviews from users. Let us know if possible. Thanks in advance.

Kinda what I'm figuring right? Seems odd to not have more power....

I was kind of veg with that post, What I should have added was how the intended use can effect the head room. If your just using it as a small practice or gigging amp ether for a coffee house gig or on your own in your room it's probably plenty of power. Start playing loud rock sets with drums, bass and singers it might be a different story.

As with anything in this type of deal I would rather have too much power and not need it then to not have enough and wished I did, it's pretty easy to turn it down :mrgreen.

A bit too heavy for my tastes. I got AXE FX to get rid of heavy amps and 20 Kg cab in not what i would use. Good idea though. Might be really cool for someone who doesn't care about the weight as much.

Yeah. Jeez I wish som FRFR manufacturers would actually CARE about WEIGHT. If it's over 35 pounds, forget it. I'm hoping to see a powered 12' with something like 25 pound weight. I really don't need a super heavy strong durable cabinet - I'm not shipping it accross the USA or anything and I'm pretty careful otherwise.

It's also beyond me why these things are so expensive for 100 watt clean power into a 12" speaker. I'm sure it's not materials.

Usable frequency range is what can be reproduced by the transducer with acceptable dispersion. Ie being able to reproduce 25kHz is one thing, but if you have to get on your knees 1m in front of the cab and turn your ear 180 degrees to hear it, then it's not 'usable' :). Now what's acceptable depends on different manufacturers and use cases. We expect that it should be usable as a guitar cab set on a stage or a in a typical studio setting.

2x12 is a fair request and should be doable.

There will be a path to accommodate certain custom requests such as the empty head. Look for an announcement on that soon.

Protection for the front of the head is a good idea. I will look into it.

I am working on a soft cover option for the cabs and head. For flight cases we will probably just work with a third party to deliver those. Let me know if you have any suggestions. James

Will the 2X12 version come with casters? Are both the active and passive 2X12 version both right at 50 LBs (seems a little odd - I'd expect the active to be much heavier).

Anxiously awaiting...

Yeah. Jeez I wish som FRFR manufacturers would actually CARE about WEIGHT. If it's over 35 pounds, forget it. I'm hoping to see a powered 12' with something like 25 pound weight. I really don't need a super heavy strong durable cabinet - I'm not shipping it accross the USA or anything and I'm pretty careful otherwise.

It's also beyond me why these things are so expensive for 100 watt clean power into a 12" speaker. I'm sure it's not materials.

For the most part you would be correct.

I was just thinking of making a 1 or 2x12 setup like this but in tweed and I stumbled across this thread, kinda the same case Idea but with covers........Rack Cases - NYC Cases

I already made a stereo 4x12 (2 woofers and 2 tweeters) active stereo cab, I want something lighter and smaller. The 100 watts seems low unless its like class a/b but still kinda low.

Back
Top Bottom