Mission Engineering Gemini amps (FRFR)

I can't see how 110w pr channel is enough though. People (some) are complaining about 500w in some amps.

I have 600w in each speaker..

I completely agree with the fold out/snap-too grill on the Head, that would be AWESOME, and I also agree that some sort of front cover protection would be a huge improvement. I have been researching the hell out of these, as well as others (atomic CLR cabs, Mackie etc.)...THESE look way better IMO as I want my live rig to LOOK and FEEL as close to a full stack as possible, you have definitely achieved that here. Has anyone played the atomic CLR cabs in comparison to these? Im also curious as to what the tonal difference is...bc Atomic "claims" that the CLR is the ONLY passive FRFR/CLR cab out there that is truly transparent, but the Demo's i've heard of these sound just as killer.

thoughts?

I can't see how 110w pr channel is enough though. People (some) are complaining about 500w in some amps.

I have 600w in each speaker..

I am 4-5 years new to the axe-fx and I am not sure what type of amp mission uses but my opinion is watt for watt class a is louder than class a/b, class a/b is louder than class d at least to my ears maybe they are class a/b?

I'm ambivalent on this. I've heard great things about Mission, but I've also heard horror stories about their support. I bought one of their pedals a while back, it arrived with problems, but I fixed it myself. I hear too much about people having problems and it taking weeks to even get a call back. Makes me nervous about spending more than a couple hundred on one of their products, which sucks because this is really cool. Hmmm.

No demos yet?

This thing is available for sale (preorder) at Sweetwater and Mission has not posted one demo on how this thing sounds or works?

Calculated strategy or are they just scared the fanboys and internet shills from (fill in the blank) FRFR companies will start trashing them before one is even sold?

Edit -- found this (how to connect - no audio demo)

found one for passive but no active -- about 10 seconds of audio demo -- whoopee!!!

Last edited:
I am 4-5 years new to the axe-fx and I am not sure what type of amp mission uses but my opinion is watt for watt class a is louder than class a/b, class a/b is louder than class d at least to my ears maybe they are class a/b?

110w class D pr channel... And this is not tube, so maybe around 15-22 tube watt...

Solid state does not sound good pushed either. But we will see when someone has tested one of these.

Im leaning more toward the "not interested" on this:

-Im running an axe-FX MK II so I can hook up my laptop to the axe-fx and run ext. audio through it for backing tracks etc. i really don't have a need for the USB port.
-The axe-Fx is such a powerful unit, i can't see any reason as to why I would need to "blend" it with something else; im referring to the blend/EQ knob. eg; tweaking my preset to the EQ blend knob etc. for a backline, but what about the front of house?I want my sound to be consistent in the backline and FOH w/minimal tweaking.

IMO, let the axe-FX do the work, make the adjustments there, not externally, and let the FRFR transparently showcase the tone! LESS IS MORE.

As for Solid state amps. The MATRIX GT1000/800 rack unit is phenomenal...and built specifically with the axe-fx in mind.

I will probably end up going w/two Atomic CLR passive cabs, MISSION GEMINI H rack head, and the MATRIX GT800...

Sounds awesome, but way too pricey. I think for that much money, one is probably in a situation where they would be going direct through a really good PA and would only need a floor monitor (albeit quality one) onstage.

Now that's ressurected :) is there a similar thing to the Gemini 1 (powered cabinet with the full to guitar range) in a lighter offering?

Carrying 52lbs sounds a bit too much considering I went for the portable AX8!

Back
Top Bottom